Sunday, October 5, 2014

Things that go "bump" when moving.

     As we anticipated taking this opportunity to move I felt inclined to begin at the end.  I apologized for scratching, breaking, or otherwise not doing what others thought I should do ahead of time!  Yes, that was what I did to not have to deal with these things during or after the move.  When I told others involved in the packing of trucks and trailers this part of the move for me, I was laughed at!  Can you imagine?  I was laughed at!  However, to my credit, the apology has come in handy and will continue to do so with all the boxes that need to be emptied and furniture moved.  This one thing has saved me so much time, anguish, and fear.  I would recommend this as it's better than insurance.
     This is so much like our sin relationship with God.  He has sent Jesus so that we can ask forgiveness for not only the past but the present and future as well.  That doesn't give us permission to break, lose and or scratch/dent our belongings on the move.  Nor does this give us the permission to sin that some act like they have.  You see, our relationship with our world is or should be reflective of our relationship with God.  Sometimes I feel like I'm in a paintball game with others and with God.  That would be my own choosing and not God's.  If we take this subject personally in our lives the game hasn't been played.  If we remain connected with God, we no longer have a need to enter the game that Satan wants us to play.
     It took 2 trips with a 26 foot moving truck, 4 truck loads and getting rid of the excess stuff for us (two of us) to leave a 2 bedroom house with no garage!  I simply could not believe that we had accumulated all of this "stuff".  Where did it come from?  Why I even found boxes of items we couldn't find and had purchased new ones to replace the never lost in the first place.  At several points in time I was overcome with emotions about some of our past represented there in boxes.  Many of which will most likely not be unpacked at the new place as well.  Did I mention the 2 bedroom home we moved out of?  How did we have so much stuff in one plot of land?  God only knows because I cannot remember much about some of the items.
     This might be the opportune time to relate this to our relationship with God.  Yes, we have baggage.  That is a statement even the homeless can relate to.  What happens when we come upon situations where we are forced to make a decision is totally up to us.  Okay, maybe people attached to us help with this.  I wouldn't think of throwing away some of their belongings and can't think of them throwing my stuff away...at least without checking.  Sometimes when we are packing or unpacking we come upon a piece of information we have never shared with those in our lives.  The this part.  However, this is accountability.  Satan wants us to think we have this secret and don't need to let it destroy anyone's peace but our own.  The cost is always greater if we don't deal with things before they come out from someone else.
     There is a full storage unit and half filled garage that need to be gone through.  It may take some time.  We have this with God as well.  The sooner we allow God to move stuff out of our lives so he can move his stuff in, the better life will be for everyone.  It's not always so convoluted to have these items come up in our lives.  We need to take the day one day at a time, pause to rest, get away from the stuff for a while and then continue the race.  We will get done with God's help.  What hasn't been fixed by the time He returns won't matter anymore. 
     Have a great day!  My internet is back!  God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment