Sunday, October 12, 2014

Going to Crazy.

     When my kids were young my son Daniel would immediately ask me to tell him where we were going as soon as we were in the car.  I told him we were going to crazy.  He never questioned my answer.  He remembers and still chuckles about it.  We're not really crazy and we have not taken a trip their either.  What one mans definition of crazy and the rest of the world definition come up against each other; it's important to choose the personal crazy.  At least our crazy can be addressed.  The world is against stopping their crazy.
     Crazy can be a very good thing.  Being crazy about someone or something is okay.  Being driven crazy about a surprise party of event is also sometimes okay.  Crazy in love with Jesus is the best and is always okay.  If we do not have love one for another (in Christ) then the love of God does not live in us.  If the love of God isn't in us then what is the love we feel we have?  I would suggest it is temporal and shallow utilized to get along with or manipulate others.  Hmm, two choices of craziness.  Which one do you choose? 
     Our lives show which one is dominant and which one we have as part of our lives.  I'd like to suggest that the fruits of our lives as a measuring stick.  In order to judge (discern) which we have and use we must be able to compare our crazy with.  The worlds definition of crazy isn't a standard I like as much as I did before I became a Christian.  The Christian definition of crazy is a standard that has been set and for me is unattainable in the fullest degree.  Why?  Because I do crazy things, have crazy thoughts, and say crazy things sometimes.  These keep me from fully knowing what crazy about Christ really is. 
     My life, for the most part, is crazy.  I hang out with those who have a similar craziness.  God is crazy in love with me.  I've seen some incredible crazy events and enjoyed them.  So, why don't I just set my face towards crazy and never look back? Because there is still sin in my life and is driving the ship part time.  If you see yourself in the same boat; know that you are in good company.  It's odd to say this but, in order to be seen as sane, you need to be crazy sold out to a God who requires the crazy.  He has given us the opportunity to accomplish some crazy things.  These crazy things have led many people to knowing Christ.  Crazy isn't so bad!
     Next time you are with a Christian ask them if they have ever participated in something crazy.  Help them to be honest with you.  Then, remember to laugh with them.  You wouldn't believe some of the crazy things God has brought into my path towards Him!  The next time you say, "That's crazy!", reflect on the good crazy versus the bad crazy.  Use that as a way of discerning (judging) if the craziness is part of life with God or part of life with the world.  Remember to have fun as well.  Go to Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic perspective of being crazy! We should have a fun and fulfilling life. Here's one area to begin with.

    ReplyDelete