Monday, October 27, 2014

It's not fair!!!

   No, it probably isn't fair but then life is not guaranteed to be fair. In fact, fairness is fairly obscure and not to be found in much of life.  Just when you feel comfortable in life someone goes out and shuts down the Twinkie factory!  There is panic buying and people begin asking for a lot of money on Craigslist to have a box (not fair there).  Accusations, in most parts of the world, are taken as fact even after the truth is discovered and the accusation has been disproved.  Why does this happen?  I suspect that this happens because people need someone or something to blame for their lack of control or worse, control of self. 
     I don't believe there are many people who would say that their lives have been fairly treated and represented.  Poster children for "fairness" don't exist.  Unless you count the gang member who is killed robbing someone.  Their parents are quoted in the paper as saying, "he was such a good boy, went to church every Sunday and visited his grandmother afterwards."  It doesn't matter that he was caught with a gun, they are being singled out by some "unfair" people.  When it comes to fairness, what is the standard we use to say, "yes that's fair."  You never see two kids agreeing that a candy cut in half is fair.  There is always one half they claim is bigger.  When I mention the IRS no one will say they are fair. 
     No one is fair. Not one.  We may be in some areas of our lives but we're not really people who are fair in all areas of our lives.  Diseases work that way as well.  Why everyone doesn't get their fair share, some get more than their share of "fair."  Now a days, profiling has all but eliminated the word "fair" from our vocabulary.  All forms of business seem to target someone because of their age, race or sex.  For instance you see all kinds of ads for condoms...for men.  How come they don't advertise condoms for women?  They are out there.  Profiling has left the male responsible for the pregnancy.  I could use many different examples, but I think you get the point.
     So, what would we find in the Bible versus what we find in the churches?  Impartial the churches are not.  In one denomination the rule is you cannot dance.  Yet in a different part of the country you find the same denomination saying dancing is okay.  The issues are diverse and long but all have the same results.  That result is you cannot find fairness anywhere.  Don't even get me started on politics or the politicians who represent the will of the people.  What people and what issues?  I certainly don't feel the government is representing my feelings and beliefs.  How about you?  Do you find fairness in your church, town, or work?  The Bible tells us to be fair in all things. 
     I flunked that part of the course.  I'm not fair because I am biased.  You are as well.  So, where you or I may think something is fair we deceive ourselves.  Even God isn't fair!  He forgives the sins of those who call upon Jesus for salvation.  Not so and so!  Don't tell me that he/she will be getting into heaven!  Yes, if you call upon Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins, you will be forgiven and be headed to heaven.  Even at the very last breath of their vile and disgusting life, if they confess Jesus they get to go to heaven!  Can you believe that?!  What!?  No way!  Yep, yes way.  You mean the person who molested me, made me disabled or killed me will get to heaven if they confess Jesus as Lord an Savor, they will get to go to heaven?  Yes, that's what the Bible says and what God reaffirms in our world. 
     If we were to ask for fairness from God, it would look like that of the man beside Jesus on the Cross.  He saw Paradise that day!  The other guy wasn't so insightful or he may have made it as well.  Fairness would be given to the man about to be executed for the deaths of his victims.  Fairness would be found for those who have cheated on their partner.  Fairness would be handed out to everyone.  That's not what we think is fair.  Yet, we ask for forgiveness from God for what we think, say and do many times in our lives.  Fairness?  I don't think, if we think about it, that we really want the world (even the Christian) to have fairness defined by the world.  Where fairness begins is in me.  Am I being fair in my honesty to Jesus, others and myself?  No, I haven't been.  Please forgive me if I've sinned against you.  I want biased judgment from Jesus.  I want to be with him in heaven in spite of who I am, what I do and how I present myself. 
     I want Jesus and heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment