Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Early morning time

For all of you who are NOT morning people, I apologize in advance.  Early mornings, gardens and working in the shop have some nice commonalities.  First, it's alone time.  Not very many people I know are early morning people.  They usually start their day at 10 AM or later.  I usually start mine somewhere around 5 AM with a small afternoon nap.  No one bothers me at this time in the morning.  Well, except the dogs who want breakfast.  It's my alone time for God and I to discuss the day and other events in my life.  When other people are getting into the swing of things at 9 PM, I'm ready for bed.  The second commonalty is found in the garden.  I discovered long ago that when you are working in the garden no one bothers you.  No phone calls, no door knockers and that is nice.  Pulling weeds and picking the produce is relaxing and takes away the stresses of the day.  So, to the garden I go either before my nap or after.  I know that I can work with my hands and see tangible results down the road.  Besides, home grown vegetables taste better.  The shop is my cave.  When things go wrong I can go to my cave.  When things go right I can go to my cave.  When the honey do list gets put before me I can go to my cave.  It's here that I work with my hands and mind.  Putting things together and taking them apart.  Forming wood for some useful purpose.  My creativeness is optimized and once again, no one bothers me in the cave.  It's a mess most of the time and a mess it should be.  A tidy shop is the first sign of a disturbed mind.  Away from the cares of the world I can take a can of soda and a candy bar out of my mini fridge and snack in peace.  Ultimately I have to leave the cave but for the time there I have great rewards.  Jesus was a busy man.  When he had the chance he went to spend time alone.  He prayed, rested and I think he had a cave of his own.  The ability of all of us to go somewhere in our mind and find peace and relaxation makes our cave capable of going elsewhere.  Going to an irritable relatives house, don't forget to pack the cave.  Whether you are an early morning person or not don't go through a day without some time alone with God first and by yourself secondly.  This is an important part of our saying sane in an insane world.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment