Friday, April 25, 2014

Being alone with God

There are many ways and times we can be alone with God.  Sometimes we like to be alone when we are alone with God.  Other times we can do the same thing with a spouse, friend, or body of believers.  I'd like to focus on being alone with no one else present but God.  In many ways I grew up alone in a family of 9.  I didn't know God at the time but did know who was safe to be alone with.  My sister, Charlotte, was then, is now and will always be someone for me to be alone with and safe.  From an early age she was in many ways my mom and friend as well as sister.  She's been there for the best and worst of times in my life and I for her.  Sometimes when we talk on the phone it's just like we are in person.  I can see her facial expressions as we talk serious as well as playfully.  Because of our relationship she and I know when something isn't right in each others lives.  Obviously this leads us to pray for each other.  Charlotte has survived cancer twice, a stroke, and myriad of other health problems.  Her faith has remained rock solid during those times.  Her example passed on to me in person and during our alone time have helped me through my bad times as well.  We both have our alone time with Jesus as well.  One day we will join together to worship him in heaven.  Until then I will cherish our relationship.  We need these examples in our life so that we can have hope, know we are not alone, and to show us that we are never alone if we have Jesus in our lives.  Still, when the going gets tough I am hesitant to tell others.  I do tell Charlotte, Steve and my wife the intimate positive and negatives in my life.  Sometimes I do this before I talk with God and sometimes after I've let Jesus speak into my life.  Being alone and not lonely is important for anyone.  Knowing how to interact with alone time, quiet time, and busy time comes with practice.  Because God wants us to have alone time with him, Satan wants us to believe God doesn't care, is too distant or too busy.  As with Job, sometimes the enemy is our friends or even spouses.  They urge us in ways other than God would have us go.  Sometimes when I'm in a group setting I have the best alone time.  It's time for me to watch and make observations in regards to Christian living.  Picking up those behaviors that reflect a deeper connection with God.  When I talk with others about their serious situations as well as hilarious situations I am alone with them.  It is at these times I can pass on the nuggets of wisdom God has given me and has helped me incorporate into my life.  I love to sing to God.  He's the only one who loves to hear me sing.  I don't do well with singing with others because my voice isn't very good due to my hearing loss.  So, this is a wonderful time that I get to be alone with God.  The message for me today is that I need to take alone time with God regardless of the situation or time of day that alone time is needed.  Should I succeed God and I will become closer and trusting.  He showed me how this works with my sister Charlotte.  Thanks for helping.  My wish for you today is that you too have alone time with special people and of course God.

No comments:

Post a Comment