Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is risen! Happy Easter

It's a great morning!  Even the weather is nice.  I have never imagined an Easter with bad weather.  This probably has happened more than once over the ages.  It's kind of like picturing Christmas with snow.  Christmas isn't fully a holiday until there is snow (even if it's fake or sprayed on windows).  The same is true for Easter.  Can you picture an Easter without bunnies and candy, dyed eggs and of course the empty tomb?  The empty tomb is the real focus.  He is risen.  He is not there.  Once at an Easter function put on by my church, I temporarily lost Daniel.  He was about 3 and had wandered off without my noticing.  Two things immediately hit me.  He had been abducted and I would never see him again.  Fighting the panic rising in me I put the other 3 kids with a responsible adult and went searching for Daniel.  After what seemed like hours (5 minutes actually) I located the errant child and returned him to the flock.  Relief was what I felt.  That's what Easter is all about.  He rose from the dead and was nowhere to be found.  The difference is that He was searching for us.  He continues to search for the lost.  He continues to search me for areas where I'm still lost.  When I awake I know that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.  There is no question of that for me.  His searching for the rest of me is amazing!  He never gives up!  I'm so glad he doesn't allow me to wander away where danger abounds.  Daniel doesn't remember the incident.  When I look at Jesus I don't remember the past.  All we see of Jesus is his presence and our future with Him.  Nothing else really matters.  Have a great Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment