Saturday, September 7, 2019

"Your legalism is killing me!" Jesus

     I'm sitting here today wondering what we would do as Christians should we receive a letter from Jesus.  What would it be like?

     Dear Steve,
          I love you.  You are the reason I came from Heaven (a very fine place indeed) to earth.  I came to give you all that you didn't deserve.  You don't deserve the world.  You deserve Heaven on earth.  In order for you to be blessed with all the blessings I have for you; I had to come, live among you, and die followed by the resurrection from the dead in order for you to be a new creation.  My love is made manifest when you step aside and let my love flow through you.  You are my pride and joy.  Please continue to do what you do to bring my love to your world.
         It may seem confusing to some but my love isn't dependent on what you or anyone thinks about me, defines me and my mission as, or any other such nonsense.  My love isn't something that can be manipulated or formed into something human beings figure is good for them.  Your giving doesn't do anything to how my love flows to and through you as well.  Your rationalization and justification are merely figments of your imaginings.  They too are not definitive of my love.  Withholding my love from those you disagree with are not a part of my love anyone on earth.
         While I have your attention I'd like to talk with you about your past.  I don't remember it.  Neither should you.  While you are at it, forgive other's past.  Don't let that stuff drag you down and destroy the love I want to flow through you.  It's bad enough that some who say they love me don't show that to their brothers and sisters who call on my name; but how will the unsaved world see my love if your bitterness, grudges, prejudices and hate flow to those unsaved living amongst you.  Let it go.. I did.
          Maybe we could chat more.  I'm available 24/7 to talk, listen and support you.  The Father and Holy Spirit are also available 24/7.  We love to have conversations with you.  The more we and you talk the better you can recognize our voices in your life.  In fact, we want to be in conversation with you every moment of every day.  Just think what life would be like then!  We love you and want you to be continually blessed.
          Now about the legalism...don't do it.  Nuff said?  I think so.  Just remain yielded to my love and everything will work out.  Believe in me.  Remember, Steve, it's always your choice!

          Love,
          Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment