Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Prejudice is Biblical

     To all those who immediately want to scream at me, wait a moment, take time to read, and then do as you wish.  Because I am a Christian and because the Bible says so, I can choose to love everyone!  I am not relegated to loving a certain race, age group, special interest group, political group, or any other category dictated by society!  God has told me to freely love as he freely loved me! It doesn't matter your social economic status, your sexual orientation, your petty differences and even covers all those who split churches over petty differences!  I can even freely love pastors the Bible disagrees with, gossipy fuddy duddies found practically everywhere.  I can love the happy along with the sad and everyone in between!  Can you believe being prejudice could be so wonderful?  Now, can you and your special interest buddies say the same thing?  Or do you and your group operate on such a level of hate and negative prejudice that no one sees Jesus in you?
     The Bible tells me to be separate from the world.  Yes, it's true.  Just look it up yourself.  Wait, I can use the Bible as a means to be positively prejudicial in the world!  Yes!  Does it get any better than this?  Despite people's statements, circumstances, and even realities; I can be positive.  You and your ideologies cannot be so prejudicial that you can stop my positive attitude, spin on events and even my belief that God loves you and I should love you too!  Being prejudice has never been so fun!  Perhaps you should try it as well.  Biblical prejudice is great!  Don't let the naysayers and haters tell you different.  You too can be as positively prejudicial as God is!  Make a change in your world and see how free in Jesus you can be.  Give to anyone and everyone that hope that is within you.  I'm prejudice for the Great Commission!  I believe everyone deserves the blessings of God...even Satanists!
     In order to be fair, appropriate and the same to everyone, Paul tells us that he, as a slave to Jesus, became a servant to everyone on account of the love he received from Jesus.  Can you say the same thing?  Maybe you have convinced yourself that your bias, prejudice and hate are all okay as a Christian.  Can you convince God of that?  Next time you see someone professing the love of God aren't living the love of God, you can bet they are negatively prejudice.  Don't be one of them.  By the way, don't shoot the messenger.  I'm free to convey the love of God in anyway He deems appropriate.  I don't live on your terms anymore than expect you to live on mine.  I'm not asking you to overlook my faults.  I'm asking you to ask yourself if you are letting Jesus live through you in all circumstances.  Are you?  Remember, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment