Monday, October 31, 2016

Sometimes you just need to laugh!

     I believe with all my heart that Jesus laughed much and laughed loudly!  The somber look shouldn't pass over the faces of the faithful.  Well, that can be funny to see too!  We don't laugh as much and often as is necessary to create smiles on the faces of those around us.  There are some fantastic Christian comedians who use good clean humor to entertain others and spread the Gospel at the same time.  Who would you like to hear the Gospel from?  Would you like the somber, serious or the light hearted by focused Christian to do the job?  Those in the world need to hear the Gospel of this I am very sure.  The manner and method of delivering the Good News is imperative to the task of seeing people saved.  There is a difference is using different modes with differing situations and people.  The only way we can deliver appropriately the Gospel is to listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying and doing in and around those we associate with.  I guarantee that more honey catches the most flies!  Do we have what it takes to be such a representative of Christ that people really want what we have?
     I love puns!  Sometimes they are real groaners and sometimes they are worse!  Puns are an excellent way to begin conversations.  Let the message come from that opening!  People are more willing to let down their walls if you show you aren't a threat.  I don't know about you but my reaction to a police car behind me isn't funny!  When they pass me or take the off ramp I am very happy!  Same with going to the dentist or doctor.  I'm always trying to shake the foreboding as my appointment approaches and am very excited and happy (unless I am in pain) when I leave.  This is the same reaction people have to Christians.  They may be happier to see us go than to see us come.  We don't want that and neither does God.  Having been assaulted spiritually most of my teen and young adult years I know that feeling.  It took ONE  Christian at the right moment to break through my defenses.  When I was approached by them, the lack of seriousness was felt but the invitation to coffee wasn't negative at all.  I wanted to meet with them and get to know therm.  This led eventually to my salvation.
     I remember one day a Christian came up to me and said, "I bought this Bible for you.  Read it and make up your mind for yourself whether it's for you or not."  Wow!  How many of us have Bible's laying around our houses that are gathering dust when they could be read by those who don't or never have had one?  If they are extra for us, then they are there for God to distribute as he wills.  Listen to the Holy Spirit and give them away!  Who knows what their effect will be on someone.  Pray that they read it and that God directs them to where they need to read.  Remember to tell them a joke or a pun first!  It's always your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment