Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Where did the time go?

Where did the time go?  Yesterday was Steve normal.  Overloaded and yet I managed to add items to my list.  If I am not adding to my list of time taking items; someone else is.  I'm not irritated by this as I thrive on overload.  Thriving doesn't mean I like everything I have to do.  When I was thinking about this post my mind wasn't on the number of the items or the difficulty in any item on the list (currently 25 and counting).  Rather, I was thinking of what was accomplished yesterday as the hours flew by.  Where did the time go?  I can put some time frame on items on the list, a nap and breakfast lunch and dinner.  That takes care of some of the time.  I've always been this way.  Up early, working on whatever needs attention, and doing what I can to help others and myself.  Switching gears during the day to attend to more pressing matters also found it's way into my day.  When I ask, "Where did the time go?"; what I'm feeling is "Wait!  I need more time!  Stop the clock I'm not finished yet!"  However, I know that a 30 hour day wouldn't do the trick.  The problem would be the same.  Perhaps it would be a good idea if I were to ask God "how" I should spend the day.  That way I can never go wrong as long as I listen.  God would like me to have him glorified in everything I think, say and do.  That includes bringing Him all my time including the busy and the not so busy.  Does God want me taking a break?  He did.  Following his example, I don't feel guilty for taking a nap.  Does God want me taking care of things in my list that only affect me?  Yes.  So doing that which affects me is okay to be on the list.  Changing plans?  Yes, being flexible and listening to God will ensure that I am doing his will.  The time flying by is completely in my head.  Why?  Because all of my time is a granted privilege.  God blessed me with yesterday and today (so far).  It doesn't matter how fast or slow the day goes.  It does matter what is done with the time we have.  We can join the world and fill our day with things that may or may not matter or we can give our time to God and watch him bless the day, others and ourselves.  The fastest days are always those which are lived doing his will.  Looking back only to see what God has done gives us encouragement to do the same tomorrow.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  None of us do.  God does and he wants us to just do his will and not worry about the time.   Until next time, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment