Friday, August 9, 2019

Watching birds through my window

     I have 2 bird feeders outside my window that I'm able to watch while I type my blog, do devotions and write in my journal.  I also have two Boston Terriers on my lap; one is snoring but both are asleep.  My double recliner allows me to enjoy all this while communing with the Lord and thinking about what He wants me to say to you today.  Today He would like you to know that he cares for you and I much like the birds and dogs he also created.  He would like you to take the time to acknowledge the peace he brings amidst the storms and the refuge he has where he wants to commune with you and I.  He would like you to know that he is perfect love and has given you and I that love not to hold onto but to share.  God has also reminded me of his creation all around me just as he has his creation all around you.  The complexities of color, bees, and the weather all are so simple to Him.  He wants this simpleness to be yours as well.  Jesus wants you to know your sins have been cleansed and you are to be free from guilt and shame.  The Holy Spirit wants to remind you he is a constant companion living within you and I.
     Taking the time to have a peaceful moment or two with your Savior is essential in bringing peace to others.  You and I cannot give away that which we don't have.  Nor can we give our peace to someone who doesn't want peace.  There is a season for all of our emotions and a season to put them away.  Simply believing God wants the best for you and I at all times becomes paramount in our world only if we excise that which is second best.  Maybe you have as difficult time as I do in letting that happen.  But, it's our daily, moment by moment, choices that show whether or not we have the peace of God that passes all understanding.  Standing in amazement at the blessings of God keeps our eyes off ourselves and our world.  It's a good thing.  Peace comes by surrender and surrender comes when we are at the end of our rope and now grasping His rope.
     The world for Christian and not, is a difficult place from time to time.  I'm not always cheerful and ready to tell a joke.  I'm not always a blessing to God much less those around me.  I'm not always hopeful and focused on God's goodness or will.  You too?  Maybe it's because we are human and our lives reflect that fact.  We haven't arrived and won't arrive until we pass into His presence.  Wishing, wanting, and dreaming don't make it so.  Choosing to watch the birds, pet the dogs, and reflect on God's creation is the portal through which we glimpse a small fraction of that which the Lord has for us if only we would take the time to do so.  You and I are a lot alike and a lot different but the same in the eyes of God.  How do you start your day?  What focus do you have in traffic or the office?  It's a matter of choice.  It's always your choice.  Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment