Friday, August 16, 2019

My house has no pool!

     No pool!  No Jacuzzi!  No jacuzzi tub!  No surround shower!  No rainfall in my shower!  But I have an extra case of water in my pantry.  I'm not jealous of those who do as if I really wanted the above I have the motivation to make them happen.  No, I don't have that extra money it would take to do these projects.  Yes, I can trade, barter and seek out used stuff to do the job.  So, you might ask, do I go without them?  For me the answer is they are not the top of my priorities.  I have birds to feed, plants and trees to water, improvement to be made on my property and of course my top priority is to serve Jesus.  That's why I write this blog, give to those in need, fight for the less fortunate and a myriad other Christ centered things.  In order to have this frame of mind I've chosen to believe that everything I have is the Lord's.  If he wants me to have a pool, he'll give me a pool.  By the way, I do know how to swim.
     Some days I'd really love to jump into a jacuzzi instead of a hot shower.  Sometimes it would be almost heavenlike to sit in a sauna (no cell phones there!).  Sometimes I'd like to...you fill in the rest.  I'm content where I am.  Well, maybe an all meats pizza would be nice from time to time.  The difference is all bound up in our wants versus our needs.  I may need food but it doesn't have to be pizza.  I may need to do and be a lot of things but I don't want them to get in the way of Jesus living through me.  I don't want people to tell me they love me.  I'd rather they show me.  The widow, orphan and ill would rather see my love than me telling them to be well, fed and happy.  The difference between the need of others and the want of others is found when everyone opens their hearts.  
     I've heard it said "people don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care." People aren't stupid.  People know when they are truly loved.  People can perceive Jesus in you and I only when we love with selfless love expending ourselves for the sake of the Gospel.  The question comes down to whether you are exercising God's love in all areas of life or not.  I can't answer for you but I fail miserably way to often.  I want to be God's love to the world.  I want people to see Jesus in me, through me and around me.  The only way to have God's love is to come bankrupt before Him and throw me away in order to have Jesus living through me.  It's always my choice even as it's always your choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment