Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The truth sets you free!

     Living with my truth was normal for so many years of my life.  That all changed when the "real" truth emerged.  I, for whatever reason, thought Subaru were made in Sweden.  My son and I were talking one day and I was informed that Subaru were manufactured overseas but not in Sweden.  Being the grown adult that I was, I googled the manufacturer and found my son to be right and I had been wrong.  Humbled from that experience I learned instead of sticking my head in the sand.  The truth about truth is that real truth doesn't change.  Other truth changes as we come into contact with THE truth.  This applies to all of life.  There is really no new knowledge as everything is subject to the truth from God.  We like to think everything and everyone should be seen through our filter which would result in a much better and cohesive world to live in.  To that end we have had to relearn what the real truth is.  Guess what?!  We don't know everything.  The need to have truth is based on our desire to make sense of our world.
     Truth for a starving people is that walking 20 miles for water and eating a few morsels gathered from some source is all they will see.  Truth for an elite group of people is much different.  Somewhere in between are you and I.  We address truth either for ourselves or God's plan.  We are either part of the problem or part of the solution.  When millions of Christians were martyred in Asian countries the world cried out.  When millions of babies in the US are killed through abortion (1.5 million a year) the cry is to let people willingly and purposely kill those babies.  Where is truth?  What makes us think we can, in either case above, legitimize our choices when the real truth is right in front of us?  Our Christian mandate is the Great Commission.  We are to care for the widow, orphan and to bring the Gospel to all people.  We are so consumed in our truth that we fail to recognize and obey God's truth.
     I don't particularly care for lawyers.  Because of lawyers we have more loopholes in our laws than any other place in the world.  The truth is lawyers are mostly about getting laws on the books that legitimize wrong while punishing those who do right all for their truth of getting the big bucks.  If you are a lawyer or not, none of us are exempt from that final day when truth is revealed to all at the judgement seat of God.  The Bible tells us that every idle word and thought we have will be revealed.  So, everyone has a choice to embrace the truth now or face it later.  Why do we tarry?  Is the world's truth really so strong that we denounce God's truth?  The longer I hold onto something that's not true the longer I miss the blessings of freedom brought about by THE truth.  The truth will set you and I free from bondage and allow us to live as God's children.  What truth are you holding onto that hinders your Christian walk?  Remember, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment