Saturday, August 24, 2019

God's healing

     We know that God answers prayers, gives prophecy, and heals.  We may doubt all three and even scoff at these promises in the Word.  I believe that the Bible teaches us much and we often misinterpret these teachings.  This largely occurs when we want something instantly as if God is some convenient vending machine which Christians should have at their disposal on their terms.  That's not how God sees things.  God sees a much bigger picture that's perhaps been unfolding over any amount of time.  It is God's hand at work long before the prayers pass over our lips.  But, we want now, not later, not when it's involving some personal issue or someone we loves personal issue.  At just the right time means we wait on His time.  Why?  Because He has a divine plan unfolding that's bigger than you and I.  Want an example?  Thought you would never ask!
     February 16, 2015 I was in for a shock as I had my first and only heart attack.  I had the presence of mind to see the signs, call 911 and found myself in the hospital for a double bypass surgery.  I've recovered nicely.  In March 2019 on a yearly check up I was discovered to have an aneurysm on my thoracic aorta.  I was told to just go on with life and in time surgery to repair would be my only option.  There was the chance that it would blow and I'd be instantly with Jesus.  But, God wasn't finished with me here on earth.  So, I've been living with this hanging over my head.  I've had many episodes of chest pain that began developing adding to my apprehension.  I had put word out to all the Christians who knew me about my condition.  What happened next was my biggest surprise.
     Yesterday morning at 3:30 I was awakened and couldn't get back to sleep.  At 4:00 I had the loudest and biggest hiccup that I've ever had.  I had intense heart pain near the top of my heart which quickly subsided.  Going on with my day I worked on projects until I needed to go to the store for a part.  At the store I had 3-4 episodes of chest pain.  I decided to take myself to the ER just to be safe.  When I got there I was umpteenth in line but was eventually tested, hooked up to wires, and finally taken to get a scan of my heart.  When I returned to the ER the doctor came in with a weird look on his face.  He told me I had not had a heart attack or a stroke AND that there was no sign of my aneurysm!  None, Wasn't there!  Gone!  I was in shock but not so much that I couldn't tell the doctor that God must have healed me.  He smiled and said I could go home.  Now here is the important part of the lesson.
     My condition was documented by 2 previous scans.  Doctors had read my charts and plans were in the making for "down the road" unless I died first.  But, God had other plans.  Having the documentation established a fact.  Over the next months I came to grips with the prognosis.  But I asked for prayer.  With the saints praying God was in the process of answering those prayers.  He needed the right time, place and situation to be arranged so that He could be glorified.  The date, time and place came into view at 4:00 AM.  The mechanisms were all in place.  My healing actually happened at 4:00 AM.  The additional chest pains were there to get me to actually go to the ER.  Once at the ER medical teams all took part in revealing Gods act of healing.  After being at the ER 12 hours (enough time to expose 2 shifts of personnel), the final element was put in place.  The scan revealed my aneurysm was gone.  Not be act of mankind.  Not by accident.  But by the hand of God.  The doctor said, "There was no aneurysm to be found."  God had removed it.
     Your life may seem like the prayers you've put before God aren't being answered.  That's a lie from the pit of hell.  You have your prayers on the way from heaven and at just the right time they will come.  Your choice is to believe regardless of the evidence.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment