Wednesday, July 31, 2019

What if YOU ran the world?

     What if you had the power and resources to run your world?  Maybe even run the world others live in.  Could you run the world as far as every country in the world?  Perhaps you only are interested in running your immediate world.  These are all good use of our imagination with a bit of reality tossed in.  It's outside our realm of reality to believe we can run the world on any level.  There seem to be too many other sources your world has to interact with.  Whether or not you run the WHOLE world or just your condo and job along with a  cat or dog; the task seems huge.  I can't even keep the washer and dryer from turning my clothes inside out!  Plumbing problems happen and the care needs gas.  Kids need school clothes and your cell phone dies.  Maybe you'd be better off if you let someone else run your world.  At times I'd like to abandon the rigors of decision making and sit on my patio with my dogs and a cold beer.
     Part of the problem is the resistance from others if you try to run your world.  Imagine the resistance when you declare yourself supreme leader.  No one wants a supreme leader.  Why?  Because then you and I have to be responsible for and to someone else.  Christians have fought their supreme leader since day one.  Selfish desire keeps us all off balance.  Where there may be a plan or even a way that is right, we seem to drift into that space where we know better than any supreme leader.  Like me, you may have problems with those in authority especially when their authority is marred with no concern outside anyone but themselves.  They lord it over us and even find their thoughts of "poor little people" turn into "we must run their lives because they can't."  So, who can and should b the one to run the world?  Good question.
     I think some of the qualities of one who runs the world include but are not limited to:  unselfishness, thinks outside the box for the good of all, recognizes when something is wrong, sees the best in those they are over, have a plan, have a vision, and so many others.  Problem is if you and I ran the world everything listed above would be our subjective thinking and not objective.  We could only see the world from our view.  An objective ruler would look from the outside in instead of inside out.  Being objective is definitely a good thing.  In my years of being in charge of the world I was in; objectivity has been missing.  In my Christian place I don't seek to rule anyone.  Rather, Christ has some objectivity and can rule my life from a place that is not only best for me but for those around me as well.  I choose Jesus as ruler of the world.  But then, it's your choice...always!

No comments:

Post a Comment