Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I frustrate my own journey

     It's true!  Just when I think I'm on the right path I find myself wandering out of my lane and end up in the ditch!  It's kind of my life story.  I know, sad to say, it's not a positive testament but it is a real one.  Fortunately, I've been able to be lifted out of the ditch, have the mud wiped off me and given another shot at the right path.  God gives us Plan A.  We can choose Plan A or go off road and choose Plan B.  The school of hard knocks is Plan B.  You and I are most familiar with Plan B because we choose to live there, leave there and return there all too often.  Just as in all of my choices I have to accept positive or negative consequences that are attached.  So, my journey has been marked with Plan B choices and negative consequences.  Funny thing though, God always puts a new Plan A in front of me to choose when I return to His road leading to the foot of the cross.  So, why do I choose to enter Plan B in the first place?
      For me, the reality is that I choose to be selfish.  Yep, selfishness, rears it's ugly head in so many ways.  They may look tantalizing, enticing, or sometimes, even right.  But they run me off the road and I end up face down in mud.  You too?  My sin nature longs to be selfish, run my own life, disregard Plan A and proclaim to the world that I'm in charge of my life.  What people really see is that I've as many or more problems than to the audience (great cloud of witnesses) around me!  Paul says, "I am the greatest of sinners." and  "Those things that I know not to do, I do.  And those things I know to do, I do not.  Wretched man that I am!"  Yep, that's me.  Thankfully for Paul, me and you, we have a loving God who places another Plan A in front of us with the same goal in mind;  eternal life with Him.
     Just for today I'm going to surrender all my "rights" and choose God's Plan A.  Just for today I'm going to exercise the love of God in all my circumstances.  Just for today I'm going to choose to be positive and reap the rewards of positive consequences.  Just for today I'm going respect my Lord who gave his life for my dead soul.  Just for today instead of thinking negative I'm going to focus on the goodness of God in all areas of my life.  Just for today I'm going to be the conduit for God's love to the world around me.  Just for today I'm going to choose God instead of myself.  Just for today I'm going to make my choice to die to self so Christ can live through me.  I may fail but I'm always just one step away from God when I do. So, I'll ask and receive his forgiveness and hope once again.  Remember, it's always your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment