Saturday, July 27, 2019

So, I made a mistake today

     If I am honest (which I will be) I've made a lot of mistakes today.  Some involved just me and others involved those around me.  I was angry, resentful, unapologetic, and a few other adjectives we don't like to use because we don't want to be seen in negative light.  One thing I didn't do was blame anyone other than myself.  I owned my mistakes, made amends where I needed to, and apologized to God for my sin.  Then I got out of bed to start my day!  You and I are a lot alike!  We make mistakes and that's simply a fact.  Some are unintentional, some are intentional and others we don't even have remembrance of until someone points it out to us.  We don't like that very much and we probably make another mistake in how we handle it.  Peter was just like me in his mistakes.  He denied Jesus 3 times...one after another...until the cock crowed.  Jesus looked at him from where he was being held for a crime he didn't commit.  It would have been nice if Peter had stood for and with Jesus.  But, he didn't.  He, like the others ran away.
     That's not the end of Peter's story.  Jesus restored him with three questions and directions.  He asked Peter if he loved him 3 times.  He told Peter three times to feed his sheep.  In other words, Jesus forgave Peter (like he forgives anyone who repents) and restored him.  Amazing!  That's not the way of mankind.  Mankind seems to remind, remind and remind again of all of our failings.  When mankind is done they find something else to remind us that we failed.  "You are a Christian and you act like that?"  Yep.  "You are a Christian and you talk like that?" Yep.  "You are a Christian and it's okay to do that?"  Guilty as charged!  BUT!!!  Jesus doesn't see it like that.  He sees us as clean as yesterday when we repent and get back on the right track.  The Bible tells us that God throws our sins into the sea of forgetfulness and remembers them no more.  Wow!
     So, I made a mistake today.  I made some yesterday and will probably make some mistakes tomorrow as well.  What's important is my recognition, repentance and making of amends which frees me up to be back to doing God's will.  God always has a plan A ready when I return from going astray.  He has plan A's for you as well if you are a believer and are repentant.  Just believe God and not mankind.  It's always a better deal.  Remember, it's always your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment