Sunday, July 7, 2019

Boy did I screw up!

     Yes, I screwed up.  Now I'm reminded of the errors of my life back to before I was conceived, through childhood and now even at 66 I'm being reminded of how I've screwed up, who it's affected and what a worthless drag on society I am.  I should be ashamed!  Heaven forbid I look upon anyone else's life and point out their screw ups!  That would be seen as my screw up again.  So, maybe you feel the same.  Maybe you are tired of being reminded by other fallible human beings of your failures?  I know I am.  "Your mother would be turning over in her grave if she saw you now!"  "You have no room to talk Steven!"  "Who gave you the right to quote the Bible and accuse others?" Okay, maybe you've never heard these statements in your life.  I have.  Letting go of those voices and their condemnation are very important as we grow older.  But to be clear, I have screwed up plenty in my life.  Fortunately God has forgiven me.  Even better He has a plan for my life and despite my past has led me to, amongst other things, writing this blog, writing 2 books, and praying with many who have desired to know Jesus.  While in the eyes of the world I'm damaged goods at best, in Christ I am more than a conqueror!  How exactly does that happen?
     When Jesus came into my pathetic life October 1, 1972 in Kitzigen, Germany, My past disappeared.  Forgiven and now a new soul; my real life began.  William James once said, "We may have a God in Heaven that forgives us our sins.  Mankind does not."  The blame pointing and accusations of being a fallible human can be forgiven only by those who recognize they are bankrupt before a loving God who chooses to love you and I anyway.  Once forgiven we who have Jesus living in and through us are loved, accepted and approved by a loving Father that supersedes the lame cries of the world.  Do you believe this?  Have you been forgiven and yet rail against your fellow Christian?  You can't live in both worlds.  IF you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind; there is no room for anything else.  IF it's not from the love of God then it's from the blackest part of your worldly heart.  Are you really forgiven?  Loved? Accepted and Approved?  Then start living like it.
      Corrie Ten Boom was a holocaust survivor who, after the end of the war in Nazi Germany had been liberated from a concentration camp.  She took her faith seriously and began writing books and doing speaking engagements around the world.  At one rally in Europe she was speaking on power of God's forgiveness.  There was a man standing in the back who came forward for prayer at the end.  He confessed he had been one of the guards at the camp where her sister had died.  He broke down and asked for forgiveness and Corrie prayed for him.  God forgave 2 people at that moment as Corrie didn't want to forgive this man.  God had another plan and a soul to save.  She let God's love flow from her now healed heart and prayed for the man.  THIS is way more powerful than telling me th6at I screwed up.  Next time, why don't you, professing Christian, pray for me and let me feel the power of God's love flowing through you?  Remember, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment