Thursday, July 4, 2019

Talking about freedom!

     Today.  This moment.  Now!  You and I can celebrate our freedom that we should celebrate every day living in the United States of America!  Freedom isn't free though.  Freedom costs you, I and every other person who values freedom.  Those who don't know what freedom cost take sacrifice and death of many for granted and some even resent our freedom wanting to do away with the Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem, and even our constitution because they are offended, bothered or worse.  Being in prison with fears, misgivings, and lack of hope brings many to a place where they aren't able to see the freedom they have.  Even those in these situations have unrealized freedoms.  It's a pity.  The very country that is the example of freedom has so many who don't realize those freedoms.  Enough about Christians!
     Contrary to the famous Janis Joplin song; "freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.", we have so much to lose!  Today I'll concentrate on...?  That's the question for everyone reading this post.  Today I'll be positive about...?  That's the question for everyone reading this post.  Today I'll stand up for...?  Again, that's the question for everyone reading this post.  Today, I'll pray for, meet the needs of, deny myself for the greater cause of freedom.  Why?  Because I'm free to do so.  But that's true for every day.  Why don't I do this every day?  Because I'm selfish and think only of myself all to often.  Maybe this shirt fits you as well.  I'm not saying that selfishness is good or a model of who we should be.  Nor am I saying personal pride is by any means a good thing.  There is a lot to say regarding unselfishness and humility.  Both of which we are also free to exercise.  Maybe we should all do that more often...but not of our own volition.
     In Christ I am free.  Free to surrender to His will and become His will to the world I'm placed within.  In Christ I am free.  Free to surrender my selfishness, pride, and anything else that doesn't reflect the love of God in ALL areas of my life and not just the ones that others can see.  You know what I mean.  We seem inclined to act like a Christian when others are watching and then in private...  The question we can ask ourselves is:  "If being a Christian were a death penalty crime; would there be enough evidence to convict me and put me to death?"  That will happen one day according to the Bible.  Are you able to answer "Yes"?  If not, you are not free and your celebration is in vain.  Count the cost of freedom in Christ and apply yourself to his plan.  Remember, it's always your choice and you and I have the freedom to make either the right or wrong choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment