Wednesday, March 22, 2017

You thought your life was rough!

Came across this real life post from someone like you and I.  Thought it important enough to post here. Please read.
Steve

He says wow!

     "I'm a single mom with one child and I'd be lying if I said that holidays are perfect for me. I struggle like everyone else. This year my family is devided bc of a member fighting cancer so it's gonna be a tough over with the family in 2 different states but I wanna look at my blessings for a moment. Few years ago I was lying in an intensive care not able to even lift my arms. Very sick. Memory bad. All from a flu shot. Spent 10 months in that hospital.. Half the time praying to God the other half cursing him out. Real bad case of "why me?" I was angry for what I was going threw but even more angry for what my son was going threw. He had already lost his daddy when he was 3 now this... How's that fair? I'd call the clergy at 2am and ask them "why me?" and why my son. They all said the same thing "God didn't do this" and I'd lay there thinking well who did? Just so angry. Then I'd pray because I was convinced that if I apologized for everything bad I've said... Thought... done eventually I'd hit what had made God so mad and he'd let me walk again. He'd let me go home. That theory much have been wrong bc I still can't walk but I am home. And God has shown his love so many times. In so many ways. Couple years ago my electric was shut off so in my power chair I set out to S.H.A.R.E to get it turned on. Without power of really hard to charge a power chair. I made it to share only to be refused bc I didn't have enough documentation. Leaving the office I called my Reverend crying explaining my situation. He said I'll call united ministries. Go there. I headed out knowing my chair was about dead. I didn't get half way there and my chair died. Again. Angry with God I pleaded and cried "why do you make me do everything alone? Why can't you help me?" I SWEAR to you within 5 minutes an ambulance, the fire department and the cops showed up ( God does have a sense of humor) as the are wrapping me in blankets and drying me this beautiful young woman stops her car n approaches me " why are you out here in the rain anyway?" She ask. I explain my power was shut off n I'm trying to get it turned on. She says "give me the bill" skeptically I look at her. With nothing to lose i hand her the bill n she disappears to her car. Moments later she returns the bill saying it was paid. She gets in her car n leaves. The EMT comes over and I tell him the story. He says wow. So where do you wanna go. I tell him united ministry bc if she didn't pay it for real I need the help. I get there and true to her word it was paid in full. Tears rolled down my face in gratitude. She was an angel and I know I was blessed. That's just one example of people who have touched my life and made be have faith not only in God but in human kind as a whole. I see the good and bad in life everyday but I'm a firm believer there more good than bad. There's more kindness than evil and people wanna love each other n help each other ???? my Christmas with be tough financially but full of love n kindness and that's very important. My prayers are my sister with cancer has a peaceful day and that my son gets everything he deserves. Blessed he's not over to ask for alot. May you n yours have a wonderful holiday and please take away from this story "miracles happen'".

No comments:

Post a Comment