Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What God can do...it's amazing!

     After contacting my prayer group, friends, and family, I left the issue of my son having cancer alone because God was now in charge of the situation.  I went to see my son yesterday afternoon and on the way received a phone call from him.  He told me that the doctor's office called and informed him that they had given him someone else's diagnosis and that the growth on his thyroid was benign!  Now some people would say that the doctor's office made a very serious mistake.  They did.  Why?  If we believe that "all things work together for good" then we need to look again at the situation and come to some very simple conclusions.  First, God had a purpose.  Second, did anyone get it?  Simple.  But the world's way of thinking is one of looking at man first and God second...maybe.  The Bible tells us that God knew us while we were in the womb of our mothers, knew everything that would happen in our lives (imagine the variables) and that he had a plan for us to bring glory to His name!  See, I told you it was simple.  There were so many things working at the same time during this situation that's it's hard to know all that God brought about for good.  What we do know is that everyone who knew was praying, looking at life differently and engaging with others as changed people.  Situations like this can't help but change people.
     Since God knows every moment of my life, he knows what I need to be closer to Him.  He knows what obstacles I put in the way to His will in my life.  He knows the same about all who knew about my son.  God has a son, Jesus, who went trough things more terrible than any of us can imagine.  The Bible says that Jesus knows what temptations mankind faces because he has faced them.  Should you desire to re-read the Gospels, you too will come to the conclusion that Jesus does in fact know what we are thinking, feeling and acting upon.  What we don't seem to acknowledge is that within the plan God is acting behind the scenes to bring about those blessings we desire.  How he does it is not the issue.  The fact that he does it for you and I is what matters.  I remember having sense of peace and well being when my son told me initially.  I prayed and left it in God's hands.  He acted and the diagnosis was reversed.  Does anyone really need to know more?  Prayers were answered and the situation went away.  Maybe, just maybe, God allowed the doctor's office to make this mistake so that we would pray to God who can do more than we imagine.  When he answered prayer it was through that same doctor's office.  God is amazing!
     I love to fish.  At one time I took a fishing trip to northern California where I wanted to fish a certain lake at about the 8000 foot level.  I camped the night about 3 miles from the lake and took off the next morning to go to the lake.  As I was driving I missed the turnoff that I knew well.  Chastising myself I turned around and turned down the road to the lake. Coming around a corner I came upon the dust still in the air from where a tree had just fallen.  Should I have made the turn as planned there is great likelihood that that tree would have fallen on me.  I use this example to show that sometimes God prevents us from doing what is our choice in order to give us our choice.  God was watching out for me.  Until coming around that corner I hadn't acknowledged that he was watching our for me.  There are myriad examples through my life where hindsight has shown me that God and his angels have been all around me to ensure that his will could come about.  Perhaps you have as well.  It's important that before, during and after a situation like with my son that you turn to the Son and thank him for his mercy and grace.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment