Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lessons for life sometimes suck

    Wouldn't it be nice if everything and everyone we encountered in our lives were easy to engage and would be beneficial for us without any pain and suffering?  Personally, I grew up in the school of hard knocks and still attend sporadically.  Learning things the hard way has always been the hallmark of events and people in my life.  If there was an easy way I never seemed to find it and it certainly avoided contact with me.  In fact, I've met Murphy and been attached with him from my earliest memories!  You gotta love that man!  Lately patience has been rearing it's ugly head once again.  It seems that I still lack some and so am encountering situations where patience is needed but I don't seem to have any.  Have you ever felt that way?  Mostly I'm impatient with myself.  I find that I make excuses to accomplish tasks, make excuses why this or that hasn't happened and avoid responsibility for my own lack of initiative.  I'm sure that some reading this can relate.
     It's been said that "if you need an excuse that any excuse will do."  When we make excuses we are not doing service to ourselves, others or God.  Yet, it's a first nature in all of us stemming from the wonderful day in the garden when our parents began to make excuses.  Satan had fed them the line but they utilized it because of their want and not their need.  The more distant we are from the person or situation, the easier it is to make an excuse why we won't don't or can't do this or that.  If we are in the same room face to face the excuse is not usually validated by the other person.  If I'm in the garage and someone is outside, the distance can be covered by "I'm busy." On a phone call?  There is no way whether or not they can really know if we are making an excuse or just lying.  Texting...even more distance created.  Miles between where you and they are?  Better yet.  The problem of distance affects the need and desire for intimacy.  The further or more distant we are from someone, the easier it is to avoid, excuse or just ignore.
     Here's the problem.  Though we may have the ability to create distance from our fellow mankind and avoid the lessons we are to learn through excuses; we cannot do the same with God.  The Bible tells us that he walks with us, talks with us and will never leave nor forsake us.  The Holy Spirit resides within believers and Jesus direction in our lives convict us should we get off the track of being Jesus to the world.  No matter how much I avoid and make excuses there is no place I can go that takes me out of the intimacy circle that is found within the heart of God.  Try as I might to avoid the lessons of life, there is continual love, acceptance and approval from God EVEN when I fail.  So, I am left with the choice.  I can choose to learn the hard way by making choices on my wisdom or I can make choices on His wisdom.  The choices I make on my wisdom are the ones that end up "less than" and suck.  The choices I make with God's wisdom will meet all my needs and even some wants as he desires to give me the desires of my heart.  
     Choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment