Saturday, August 1, 2015

My resignations

     When most people hear "resignations" they think of an old guy or gal who is retiring from many years of work.  They may also think of giving up or resigning themselves to what is rather than what could be.  These same resignations can be a mark of change or a time in life when we wake up (partially or fully) and decide to make positive changes in our lives.  For the Christian, we find all of these applicable.  Though we should never engage the thought that living for Christ is something we retire from, loose sight or faith in,  and an only occurrence of giving up our lives.  So, what can we faithfully resign ourselves to do?  What are the pitfalls of such resignation?  Can we count on others to support our resignation?  Will we be able to go the long run and seize the prize for a life lived in Christ?  All these questions should be constantly in the mind of the believer.  With pastors and whole churches not believing/preaching these resignations; there is little hope that a pattern of such would be embraced by individual believer or congregation. 
     I resign myself to believe the Bible.  All of it.  Inspired by God and recorded by holy men who listened to the voice of God and wrote the books of the Bible.  Applied to men and women of all walks of life with the ONLY message of salvation for anyone today.  The Bible as a road map to all of us.  A lamp unto our feet.  Giving guidance where only God knows the future and where that guidance will take us.  Maintaining hope that the Word will be continually revealed to me as I read and meditate on it's content. 
     I resign myself to believing that Jesus was who he said he was, did what he said he did and is coming back for me just as he said he would.  I believe that there is no other name by which mankind may be saved outside of the name of Jesus.  I believe that Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected and paid the price for ALL of my sins; past, present and future.  Jesus provides the guidance for my life even if I don't always live it.  In which case he is patient and long suffering and full of grace to forgive me and love me ALL the time. 
     I resign myself to delivering the Gospel to all the Holy Spirit brings in my path for that purpose.  This leave no responsibility on me other than to be a yielded vessel ready to do as my Lord requests.  The Gospel is the only means by which men/women may live, be saved, and have the promise of eternal life.  The Gospel given to me is to be given away to others.  No gift should be concealed from those around it.  The Gospel is no different.  Let your light shine like a candle on a hill and not like a candle under a basket. 
     I resign myself to separate myself from the world as much as possible even when such action is likely to have negative ramifications on me, my family, and my friends.  Taking as stand for Jesus is AGAINST the world.  Either I can live in the world and it's consequences or I can live for Jesus and live with it's consequences.  The former gains me nothing while the latter gains me eternal life.  To be at odds with those in the world around me should be a familiar friend.  For the Gospel is offensive to those who are perishing. 
     I resign to begin each day anew.  Clean slate because I confess my sins.  Clean heart as I forgive those who have wronged me.  Clean mind as I begin my day reading the Word.  Thankful spirit for all that I have been blessed with.  Counting my blessings will always outweigh whatever the world has to offer.  Counting as loss all that isn't of God and all as gain that is from God; I will press forward instead of living in the past.  Each day will be sufficient of itself. 
     My resignations.

No comments:

Post a Comment