Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My life as a computer

     System failure would be a good summary of my Christian life and was definitely true of my life before Christ came on the scene.  Knowing now that my basic programming was done even before I was conceived in my mother's womb, you would think that this kind of ongoing problems with perfect programs would even exist.  Enter the Virus!  Sin entered and corrupted my many programs.  Some by the sins of others and some by sins of my own choosing.  Nevertheless, I have a system failure at least once a day.  If I didn't, I would be perfect and everyone who knows me knows that I am not perfect in any sense of the word!  God created the mainframe that is me.  That part I know for sure.  In creating the software that operates all the areas of my life there was one item that was required in order for God to be God and me to be me...free will software.  Yes, the very program that could enrich and complete my life was launched and I was given choice on how it was integrated into my world. 
     Along with free will came the many invasive cookies that were placed inside of the system by that pesky Satan.  He is a liar an a trickster deceiving even the very elect.  If the very elect were deceived what chance did I stand?  See, there is one of those cookies.  Whenever you see me write "I" there is a cookie of some sort taking the attention off God and putting it on me.  Not good but sometimes appears harmless.  Cookies were donated, gifted, inherited, acquired and sometimes ordered online.  Consequently that was where many other cookies were brought on board.  So many that I'm overwhelmed with the crowed conditions that are most difficult to manage.  Before knowing Jesus there was little knowledge that cookies and viruses were present and damaging to my software.  My hard drive was intact but the software was attacked and compromised all because my failure to say no to Satan and yes to God. 
     On October 1, 1972 at midnight I gave myself to Jesus.  I had realized that my hard drive had been corrupt for since birth.  I knew in that moment that the only way to deal with the Virus was to download Jesus 1.01 (no other version would be needed.).  What transpired was amazing.  My eyes were opened to so many areas of trouble that I was overwhelmed.  Jesus showed me that he had been following me with his key stroke cop program and that there was nothing to follow at that moment because the problem areas had been erased and God didn't remember them anymore.  Wow!  That's some cleaner program!  Now it was up to me.  Not a good thing as time went on.  I let different cookies into my life that would ultimately lead me to avoid Jesus 1.01 and run Steven 1.01 instead.  Not good.  However, every time I came to my senses I was relieved to find that once again the memory had been erased as if it had never been. 
     This has been fun today but it's also tragic.  I know that there are many areas of your life, my life and the lives of other Christians who struggle daily.  What do we do to help one another?  What do we do to help ourselves?  The only solution is to return to Jesus 1.01 and let him take control of the whole hard drive, programs and memory.  Give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment