Friday, August 15, 2014

In the begining God ________.

     What would you put in the blank?  Why?  These are important questions everyone faces even including the atheist.  Hebrews says: "Without faith it's impossible to please God." Etiology is the stud of first things or first beginnings.  So, every day for the believer is a new beginning.  Not like the movie, Groundhog Day, but like in the Bible.  When we look at our life span there are millions of "firsts."  First conceived, first born, first step, first bus to school, and so many other firsts.  Firsts are vital in the belief in God and what he is doing. 
     Because we lack faith in God, we don't live life in such a manner that pleases God.  It's a simple equation that is difficult to entertain.  God is.  We are.  God is faithful.  Mankind is not faithful.  God believes in mankind.  We don't believe God.  Then we wonder why things go badly.  We wonder how this or that could happen to us, to them, and where was God anyway!  And so our sentence ends with "didn't care."  This is the farthest from the truth.  What's truth and who determines our truth?  In the beginning God was truthful.  In the beginning mankind was not truthful. 
     Our beginning is self oriented.  God's beginning is not self oriented. Nor is he in the in between times or the end.  He wants the best for us and is waiting for us to ask for whatever the best is.  So we are thankful happily after!  No, my observations of just my life says that is not true.  There are many times that I am not thankful.  My propensity to sin is foremost in my life.  Repentance is difficult for mankind.  I'm not talking about asking for forgiveness for sins.  I'm talking about letting God have all of  my life to mold, shape and craft that life.
     In the beginning God allowed me to do whatever I wanted.  Allowing me to sin doesn't make it God's fault.  Remember that sinning is always our choice; not God's.  Over the years I became a great justifier with most areas of life.  Thinking myself wise I proved that I was a fool.  I'm not wise.  God is wise.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the deer caught in the headlights!  So, what is mankind to do?  We can't go back.  We don't know what's in the future.  All we have left is right now.  How about we say, "In the beginning, God was is and is to be."
     For those of us who have witnessed a birth of anything from a flower to multiple babies, there is a beginning right there in that moment!  Did we catch the moment or were our minds preoccupied with questions and dilemmas?  With the advent of camera's in our phones there is immediate satisfaction that we preserved "the moment."  Even if we could video our life on an every minute basis, the effort would be futile.  We can review our past and wonder about our future.  However there is no provision for our being to experience again this moment.  It's gone.  What remains?
     In the beginning God created.  That's it.  Sorry it's not more profound.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a better word or insight.  I'm God's child now.  That's what is important.  Living in the moment is how we should live with God directing our lives.  Not the past or the future but in the present.  There must be some silly Hallmark card. 
     In the beginning God created.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment