Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Just what is it that we are waiting for?

    What is it that we are waiting for?  What is it that consumes our daily hours and months?  Why the preoccupation with the past and future that consume our today?  All of these questions bombard us with the need to self analyze our thoughts, actions and words in light of God's word.  Yet, we don't act.  Why?  James 4:17 "If we know what is right to do and don't do it, we sin."  Pretty simple and yet, we don't act.  The time is drawing nearer and nearer when it will be to late to do what we were supposed to do today, to and for others, in obedience to the Lord.  Just what is it that we are waiting for?  Feed the hungry, care for the orphan and the widow, be kind to those less fortunate, and many other commands of Jesus confront us daily.  We are besieged with the need to act out of faith with what we have for the pleasure of God.  "It's just to overwhelming!  I will watch TV instead." "I have plenty of other stuff to be doing for my own comfort and pleasure."  "I'll do it tomorrow when I have more time, after I've been paid, after I take care of all my wants."  Any of these could be your excuse to disobey God.  That's sin.
     As I sit here writing this blog I am aware there is much to be do and no excuse for an idle Christian.  Today my life may be desired of me.  I may be taken home to be with Jesus at any moment.  Today I have time, resources, and ability to bring the blessing of God to others.  So do you.  What are we going to do?  Maybe we need a committee to put an agenda together for discussion.  Perhaps we should consult our calendars and appoint a coordinator to sync the agenda so that Christians know what they should schedule to do for God today.  It might help if we include time so that we can properly prepare and do the job the way we think it ought to be done.  We should pay attention to political correctness and not offend anyone with the saving grace of Jesus.  Just who is running this show?  All of the steps to doing what God wants done that I've just listed are sin.  Why?  Because we already know what we are to do.  What we need to do is get off our lazy butts, stop making excuses and jus do what God wants under His terms with whom He wants blessed.  Is that so hard?  Just what is it that we are waiting for?
     Faith is the evidence of what is unseen.  Do you believe that?  If you do, you don't worry about having anything put in place by man's hand before doing what God wants.  He will provide.  He always has and always will.  To do nothing is to disobey God and not love those whom he loves.  People think there are no repercussions for doing nothing.  Wrong!  Jesus said, "When you have done it to the least of these, you have done it to me."   He goes on to say that if we deny him before man (lack of action), that he will deny us before the Father.  How are you and I going to feel when we die and are before God's throne?  We will be asked what we have and have not done.  We will be reminded of missed opportunities and the lack of witness that could have brought yet one soul to Jesus.  We will review our selfish lives wasted upon our lives and not spent for Jesus.  Remember that this is all about choice.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment