Monday, March 14, 2016

Some things Jesus wants you to know.

     Jesus wants us to know some pretty basic things.  He doesn't want us to be hung up on complex theology that even theologians have trouble deciphering.  He doesn't want us to know something that no one else knows.  He doesn't want us to know what other people are confessing and why.  Jesus doesn't want us to know when the end is here.  Given what he doesn't want us to know; we are left with the question of what does he really want us to know.  What are the priorities in his mind and on his heart for me.  Not you, them or us; for me. 
     He wants me to know that he loves me.  He knows every intimate inch of my mind, body and spirit.  He knows the intricacies of my heart, thoughts and real life.  He knows who I am in private and who I am in public.  He knows what I should do and didn't.  He knows what I didn't do and should.  Yet, he loves me.  He loves me because of who I am and not what I've done or not done.  He loves me as he created me and not as the world has tainted me.  He loves me when I'm in my best space as well as when I'm in my worst space.  He loves me.  He wants me to know that his love for me hasn't changed, isn't changing and won't change through eternity.  That's a long time.  He wants me to know that he loved me when I was created in my mothers womb, in first grade and when I was beat up in basic training.  He wants me to know that he was there that night I was going to take my life and it was HE who put his hand on my shoulder.  He loves me.  He wants me to know that.
      Jesus accepts me.  Just as I am without a plea...  Jesus accepted me when he created me, accepts me now as I am and accepts me for all of eternity as who I will become.  Why?  Because he does.  He would like me to make better decisions.  He would like me to avoid that which isn't good for me.  He would even like me to come to him first ALL of the time.  But...Jesus accepts me.  His acceptance of me is only because of the image of God in me.  THAT is what he accepts.  He accepts that my finite heart, mind and soul cannot fathom his infinite heart, mind and soul.  He accepts that my faith is small and faltering at times.  He accepts that I have yet to develop into who he envisions I am to be...designed from the creation of the world.  Jesus accepts me.
      Jesus wants me to know that he approves of me.  Me!  Not who you want me to be or what the world thinks I should be.  Not what the devil would appreciate me if I were his.  Jesus approves of me as his creation.  Jesus sees the image of God in me because He put it there.  It's indelibly imprinted on my soul waiting for me to see and respond.  Jesus approves of how I have endured through hardship that I created.  Jesus approves of the contributions I have made to the kingdom.  Jesus approves of the love that he has been able to give to others through me.  Jesus approves of me for who he is bringing me to be.  Jesus approves of the positive in my life not because I deserve it but because despite adversity I still am positive.  Jesus approves of me. 
     These three, love approval and acceptance are all central in our relationship with Jesus.  For without any one of them we are susceptible to the lies of the enemy who seeks us out waiting for a crack in the armor to enter in and wreak havoc.  Where there is love, acceptance and approval there is no room for condemnation, rejection and disapproval.  Those are things the enemy gives to us to keep us imprisoned.  Jesus wants me to know that I am loved, accepted and approved by HIS standard and not that of the world.  Jesus wants me to know that he stands beside me when I stand with Him.  Jesus wants me to know these things.  He also wants you to know them as well.  Because he gives us the freedom to choose.  Nothing complex about that.  It's your choice just as it is mine.  We can choose his truth or the lies of the world.  One is wise and the other is foolish.  You choose which one you want to live with.  I'll choose love, acceptance and approval from Jesus.  Because of that I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment