Sunday, June 4, 2017

Still standing!

     I am still standing which means that I'm still enjoying the world where God has placed me.  I wouldn't have it any other way unless of course I was in Heaven.  Until then I can focus on heaven on earth.  Should we take the time to really be still and observant we have a little bit of heaven every day.  Whether you enjoy nature or people, you will find something good.  This, however, means you an I need to put our stuff aside and see our world from God's point of view.  How does one do that?  I wish I could tell you that I'm always in that space.  Wouldn't that be wonderful!  I too succumb to the cares of the world and the distractions that bombard us every second of every hour.  It's not that I want it to be that way; because I don't.  Sometime planned events find it necessary to not focus.  Sometimes unplanned events do the same.  How I go into those events is the catalyst for either a focused on God moment or a focused on me moment.  We find it easy to complain or to express our dissatisfaction with this or that.  It seems like it's a natural part of live when it really is just another ploy of the enemy to drag us away from the reality that is God.  Things like commute traffic, to much noise from crowds of people, lists of things to do and so much more are all it takes to change a relaxed day of praising God to a place consumed with the cares of the world.
     Our mindset cannot be set on what has already taken place.  Nor can it be focused on what hasn't occurred.  Our mindset is in the here and now.  Right now!  I choose this moment to acknowledge that the peace of God surpasses all understanding.  I choose this moment to believe the truth in the Word of God.  I choose this moment to stand up and not let those around me pull me down.  It's all about choice.  Your choice, my choice, and the choices of others suggest that the problem may be with us if we aren't in the groove.  Don't get me wrong.  I have moments and sometimes days and weeks where I've succumbed to the world around me.  Sometimes it's my PTSD that takes me away from the peace of God.  Sometimes I just drop into a depressed "hole" and can't seem to stop the free fall.  Sometimes it's important to have someone else's peace of God to hold onto to get us through our moments.  What happens when we don't?  We feel trapped.  I would imagine that you, like me, have people who are continually negative.  They are hard to be around.  I asked one such person about a week ago to tell me some things that were going right in her life.  When she did, the negativity stopped and my peace was preserved.  I know this works as Godly men and women and sometimes children have done so with me.
     I'm still standing because of the grace and mercy proffered to me by God, Christians, and those who love me.  I'm still standing because it's always a better option than 6 feet under the grass.  I'm still standing because God has a plan for my life to bring glory to him.  I'm still standing because of all those past moments when the God moments have taken me by surprise.  It's important to remember God's movement in your life and yet yearn for his presence when we go home.  I'm still standing because God has a plan and needs me as part of that plan.  Whether it's clear or not, God is still in control and the universe is unfolding according to his perfect will.  I'm still standing because there is a fire within me (however small) that ignites my energy and focus.  Because I am still standing I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.  Because he has done this for all of mankind, you too can have that peace of God that passes all understanding.  It's always been your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment