Monday, June 12, 2017

Preparing for Paradise

     Yep, I'm a prepper!  Some are and some aren't.  I'm talking about Christians.  Obviously those without Christ need to be but sadly are not.  Going to church on Sunday and Wednesday nights aren't prepping.  Going to confession at mass is not prepping.  Obeying the legal requirements of those who thought up different denominations isn't prepping.  Prepping for Paradise isn't about any of that.  Prepping for Paradise is three fold.  First you and I need to prepare ourselves.  Second, we need to be about helping others become preppers.  Third, we must as Christians, live the life of someone who can stand before the Father and hear those words, "well done thou good and faithful servant."  Here is a clue, prepping isn't about giving to a church, televangelist, or even to some charity.  Prepping is about a relationship with God.  Are you and I preparing to walk with Jesus in Paradise?  Evaluating ourselves is essential.  Five days ago I did a 4 part series (borrowed) on lukewarm Christians.  That may be you and is definitely me from time to time.  My own life can be greatly prepped so that the world sees Jesus and not me.  Can you say that about your life?
     Have you travelled by airplane lately?  From the first time I flew on a plane in 1971 till now the experience has been changing.  Where once I carried a gun with me when I flew (police days) to where fingernail clippers are confiscated the world has changed.  I now prep way before my travels.  It begins by planning trips at times when I won't have to wait so long in line.  I hate lines.  They are such a hindrance to my plans.  Some would say I'm impatient.  Need to prep for that as well.  Hence the time when there will be the shortest line.  Then there is packing.  I no longer pack like I used to.  Instead, I plan on what to pack in my suitcase and what is going onto the plane in my carryon.  In my recent flight my biggest concerns were my computer and my camera.  So they were in my carryon.  Whatever I could pack in my checked luggage went there.  My carryon then became smaller and I wasn't juggling for position to store that backpack.  I check in online in order to cement the place where I am going to sit.  I usually try for a seat forward and by a window.  It's just my preference.  Then, finally, I send my flight information to whomever I am going to visit.  That's about it.
     When we prep for Paradise, we should be about doing the same system.  Our focus, like the trip, should be about the trip.  I don't need to worry about having my laundry done or buying up groceries before I leave and while on my trip.  It's all about doing what you can when you can with what you have.  I have the Lord Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit who prep me.  As Paul says, he puts on Christ Jesus and him resurrected daily.  Paul goes on to say we should be in an attitude of prayer all day long.  This allows us to have a Godly focus throughout the day.  Prepping isn't just about me.  It's also about those around me.  What am I doing to focus them towards the Savior?  Then there are those you work with, those who you meet at the bar after work, and those who are abandoned or orphan and the widow.   Does my own relationship with God help others?  I know so.  Even if I don't lead someone in the prayer of salvation, I try to lead them to the light where they can do so.  I'm not perfect but am prepped to one day be perfect in Paradise.  Remember that this is always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment