Friday, June 2, 2017

Always and never versus sometimes and maybe

     The two situations I posed above reflect two worlds of thought.  The first is that of the absolute and the second of the nebulous.  The first is something that doesn't apply to our physical world and does apply to eternity.  The second is that which applies to this world and doesn't apply to eternity.  "You never..." or "You always..." are always false statements.  I learned this in college reading a book on test taking.  If the true and false question contains an absolute it's always (absolutely) false.  I've never found this to be otherwise.  Sometimes and maybe apply to our world and how we interact with it.  "Sometimes good things happen and sometimes the negative happen."  "Maybe you are correct and maybe you are not correct."  Both leave something to be desired in the guidance we desire from those around us.  God gives us absolute and the world gives us nebulous.  It is absolutely true that salvation is only possible through the work and resurrection of Jesus.  In the spiritual realm there are absolutes like right and wrong.  The god of this world gives us the nebulous.  "Did God say you would really die if you ate the fruit from the tree of life?"  Mankind since the fall have been asking questions instead of believing ever since.  The church perpetuates this as well with all those "if", "maybe", and "depending on" phrases that aren't Biblical.
     I like the absolute.  It's comforting to know the absolute.  I am saved by the blood of Christ.  Absolutely!  I'm going to live forever with him in Heaven.  Absolutely!  The prayers I pray will be answered  Absolutely!  You can see the comfort that comes from the absolute promises of the Scripture which are directly from God.  There are so many who live their lives in the nebulous.  "Well, I certainly hope that I'm saved, I'm hoping that I end up in heaven, and I hope my prayers are answered." said the nebulous Christian.  Which world do you live breathe and have your being in?  No, I don't need to be baptized by the Holy Spirit in order to be saved.  No, I don't need to tithe 10 percent to be in good favor of God.  No, I don't need to be a member of the congregation in order to be part of the body of believers.  No, I don't need to read any other book than the Bible to be a believer.  No, I don't need to support a pastor in his 23 million dollar home in order to be blessed by God.  See the difference.  The nebulous is so demanding and confusing while being set in an atmosphere of "I just don't know for sure?"  The absolute is a much better place to put all of your eggs.  It's a nice basket. 
     Without the absolute nature of a relationship with God are you saved in the first place.  The nebulousness of the world wants us to question whether we are "enough" to be in favor of God.  Did you do your devotions and prayers?  Did you send in your tithe on time?  Did you do some work for the church?  Did you...  the list goes on and on.  Here is the TRUTH.  You come to God when you realize that you are without salvation from the sins you have lived in.  You ask God to forgive your sins.  You accept the Bible as the authoritative word of God.  You believe by faith that God's absolutes are for real, the truth and a means of entering into the power of the Holy Spirit for His praise and Glory.  You don't turn to the left or the right.  You give up your life and Jesus comes in to live his life through you.  You will either die here on earth (which isn't your home) or you will be raptured and taken home by God.  End of story.  Absolutely.  The real question is where you stand in your relationship with God and not in your relationship with man.  Remember, that this is always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment