Monday, July 31, 2017

The PC Christian and reality

     In order to be PC one needs to know what they are PC about.  Going along with the crowd just doesn't work when it comes to Christian accountability.  Just to be clear, I'm not PC in regards to how the world defines the word.  I am PC when it comes to how Jesus defines the word.  What do I mean by that?  The PC of the Bible includes letting your yes be yes and your no being no.  It means holding to the standard that comes from receiving and passing on the love of God to yourself and others.  The PC Christian adheres to following Jesus instead of focusing on the form of religion we see so much of in the world.  Being PC correct for the Lord means not being ashamed of your faith and living for Jesus.  The PC Christian is found to be standing up for God no matter what.  Are you a PC Christian?  It seems like a play on words until you understand the meaning of PC.  Political Correctness is defined differently in the Christian world than in the world.  For the Christian PC correctness is all about Jesus instead of it being all about the desires of the worldly population.  PC in the Christian offensive to those who are perishing.  One needs only wonder about the PC of the world as it's about selfishness and lacks a Godly focus.
     I've offended many during my life.  Sometimes it's been the worldly PC that has created the problem.  Most of the time it's my Christian faith.  Telling me to go away or to remain quiet isn't an option for me.  I am compelled to write and say what I believe.  That directs my live amongst those who don't love Jesus.  While it's true that I am not always acting as Jesus wants me to act, the message remains embedded in my heart and soul.  Choosing Christ to  live inside of me has made all the difference over the years.  The Bible tells us that mankind will treat us unkindly, unfair, and with contempt over Jesus living within us.  So it has been in my life.  Should we want to gauge the effectiveness of our faith we need to only look as far as what repercussions we are having with the World.  If there are no repercussions, there isn't a lot going on with our relationship with Jesus and ourselves.  What are you being told about your life?  Do you have the markings of a Christian?  Do you fear the Lord or do you fear the PC of the world? 
     One more difference between the PC of the world versus the PC of the Christian is found in how we balance the two.  The PC of the world is propelled and maintained by anger and selfishness.  It's all about the person or group and not about anything else.  Perceived injustices and demands that people be met on their particular agenda isn't Christian.  The PC world of the Christian isn't negative as PC of the world is.  The Christian world is based on the Love of God and grace through his Son, Jesus.  When we are operating in the realm of the world, life is all about the world.  When we are operating in the world with the focus on Jesus, life is all about Jesus.  Does what you and I think, say and do amount to the love of God in us or does it reflect the world.  It's something we battle every day Paul said.  But we wrestle not with God because he has saved us through the grace offered in Jesus.  That, in the world, doesn't exist.  As always, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment