Wednesday, July 19, 2017

But enough of the small talk!

     Cutting to the chase of things isn't always easy.  Solomon said there was a time for everything under the Son (he used sun).  He was right.  There is a time to put it out there like it's never been put out there before.  We don't need to be coy or otherwise misleading in our Christian walk.  Jesus was all for up front, direct, and convicting.  He told us to be likewise.  "Is Aunt Judy going to hell if she doesn't know Jesus?"  Yes.  The Supreme court has told you that some laws are okay to disobey.  Wrong.  You see, it's easier than you think.  Just be honest and up front.  We don't need to put our faith or ourselves down when representing Jesus.  That's right.  Still, there is that feeling of hesitancy because of political correctness and such.  Don't be PC!  Jesus wasn't and neither should we be.  Animals don't go to heaven.  Sorry but that's the truth.  Heaven is reserved for you and I if we know Jesus.  There are no excuses for not telling our children, friends and loved ones the truth about the God we give our lives to.  Under no circumstances should we even consider denying the faith.  Never!  Otherwise we teach others that it's okay to deny Jesus. 
     After all my years of education, time on the mission field, 17 different vocations and time, I still find myself sinning.  So do you.  None of us is perfect.  If we were we wouldn't need Jesus.  I make mistakes every day whether it's in my thoughts, words or deeds.  It's not like I plan to sin.  Well sometimes I do.  See where honesty gets me?  Two things happen with my witness.  The first is people actually can see me as more than a bumper sticker.  The second is that people can associate with me and determine to be better.  Why is that?  Because when we belong to Jesus the Holy Spirit draws us to be more like Jesus.  It's not a matter of wondering if it's worth it or not.  Being like Jesus is exactly what we need.  I found myself agitated in traffic this morning.  You maybe did the same.  I was apprehensive of a medical appointment I had today.  Maybe you do the same thing.  Worry and anger have on place in my life and the same goes for you.  It would be nice if everyone was honest.  What do you think would happen to a group of Christians (like in your church) if suddenly and without warning their thoughts were spoken out loud.  Everything we thought was public knowledge.  Frightening isn't it.  Should we know Jesus, live our lives for Jesus, and stay in fellowship with Jesus there would be less fear and more confidence in my life.  What about yours?
     Someone called me last night in tears and on the verge of ending her life.  Maybe that doesn't happen to you much.  The fact that they could call me, know I would listen and encourage, and that I would do whatever was in my power to help all speak volumes about how comfortable they feel in coming to me. They know I love Jesus and am human.  My sister called me two days ago to tell me that her husband has terminal cancer.  I'm sure that she wanted me to know.  However, she said that it was nice to have a brother who listened, cared and would pray.  Quite the compliment for Jesus in me.  Strangers, to the chagrin of my friends and family, will open up and talk to me about their entire lives out of the blue.  The spirit that is within me is perceived by others and they know that I am representing the King of kings.  Jesus is present when we are ready to let him be the presence in our lives.  Remember that it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment