Sunday, July 2, 2017

Can you see heaven from here?

     Scientists have seen formations in the outer space where one might think they have seen heaven.  Yet, they haven't.  Looking for heaven on earth hits close to home for the Christian.  Or at least it should.  We have a loving God that has placed heaven in our hearts when we have chosen to surrender to Christ and let him live within our heart and soul.  Yet, many Christians don't believe that there can be heaven on earth.  To them I would say, "Open your eyes!" as heaven is all around us and within us.  Think not?  Read on.  I was privileged to be present when all of my children were born.  Words cannot even begin to describe the look in each one of my babies eyes as they took their first look at me and I them.  Heaven was there.  Over the years I've seen those babies grow up and their lives given to Christ.  Heaven was there.  There have been individuals that have appeared in my life and I've engaged them only to turn around and look back and they were gone.  Heaven on earth as angels visit us.  We entertain them unaware.  It's not a test but rather a taste of what God has for us.  Walking through my orchard, gardens and grape vines I'm acutely aware of the balance of nature that gives us the fruit of the land, gives the bees the pollen for their honey and of course low laying fruit to the animals.  Heaven on earth. 
     Most Christians choose to not see heaven on earth in their world.  Perhaps they are to busy or life seems to complicated.  Maybe your job is consuming you or you are consuming the world not taking time to enjoy that which God has placed around you.  Even though we may be persecuted God is with us.  Though we have troubles that we think are too much for us, God is with us.  The word says that we shall have rest in the arms of the Father.  It's not referring to heaven in heaven but heaven on earth in our hearts and lives.  When we forsake the father and forsake his love, there cannot be heaven on earth.  Yet, many Bibles go unopened and praises unspoken in the lives of many.  Should we not read the Word and not give praises we don't know heaven on earth.  I woke up today!  Praise God!  I'm surrounded by His glory and he greets me in person.  His love overwhelms me.  There is heaven on earth.  There is heaven today in my life.  What will I do with it?  Will I squander that love?  Will I ignore that love?  Will I rationalize away that love so that I've nothing to give to others?  Yet, that's what many do every day of their lives. 
     I know that one day I'll pass through that door from here to there.  All of us will.  We will find the entrance to heavenly heaven different according to how we have lived.  Will we be at peace with God having spent our lives for Him or will we be apprehensive wondering if we are going to heaven?  It all depends on how we have, engage, and enjoy the heaven on Earth that God has for us.  I can see heaven all around me.  My spiritual eyes have been trained by the Father to see and engage wonder as well as passing that wonder on to others who need heaven on earth.  Focusing on what's important to God rather than what's important to the world makes all the difference.  I can't speak for anyone else.  We all have to speak for ourselves knowing that our words reach the throne of God.  What does he hear from you?  What does he see in you?  What do you want to have God see in you?  Remember that it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment