Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My meager contribution.

     There is no wisdom in me.  Any wisdom that manages to find it's way out of my hands or mouth is entirely from God.  I'm merely the vessel submitted to his will.  Conversely, anything that is not wise is not from God and most likely has it's roots in my sinful nature.  I usually bring up my blog and then do my other morning stuff before actually beginning the writing.  This gives me time to get out of the way.  It's kind of like thinking before speaking.  There are enough examples of where I have spoken without thinking or done things without thinking.  I imagine some of you remember not only my events but also yours as well.  We all are guilty.  That's the wisdom.  We are guilty and yet we are trusted by God to do what he wants us to do.  He doesn't want or need me to lay hands on people and pray for their healing.  He doesn't want or need me to stand in front of the masses and prophecy the end of time.  He doesn't want or need me to admonish others about their need to surrender their life to Jesus so that they might be saved from the coming wrath.
     So, what does God need from me?  He needs me to get out of the way of his working through me in bringing out his will in this world.  Simple.  Get out of the way.  Why do I make it so hard to accomplish?  Jesus says, "these things and more you shall do" regarding our ministry.  We miss the point.  The point was/is that Jesus was surrendered to the will of the Father while he was on earth.  The point isn't what we will or will not do.  The point isn't being capable.  The issue isn't putting our lives on hold waiting for God to direct our path.  The point is we need to emulate Jesus and just be surrendered.  Our meager contribution.  Surrender doesn't mean that I have the answers to life's questions.  Surrender doesn't mean I roll over and play dead.  Surrender doesn't mean that I take care of my worldly life in order to get ready for God to work through me. 
     Paul (on surrender) says, "it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives through me."  It was his meager contribution.  He gave up his life so that Christ could live through him.  He went on to bring Christ to anyone and everyone whom he encountered.  Luke, his friend and doctor, penned many of the letters that are from God through Paul.  Why?  Because Paul had an affliction.  His eyes were damaged and writing was difficult for him.  Paul, like us, had thoughts, revelations and ideas that coursed through his mind faster than he could put down on paper.  So, God used Luke instead.  It's was Luke's meager contribution.  So, God spoke through Paul and Paul spoke through Luke who spoke through words all given by God for the edification of his people.  If none of this had taken place where would you and I be?  Would we be contemplating our meager contribution?
     There was an elderly lady who was prominent in my Christian life.  She told me that she had been given the greatest gift God could give anyone.  That gift was to pray and access the throne of God on behalf of those God put on her "list."  She informed me that I was on that list.  It was he meager contribution without which I don't know how I would have ever been in the ministry in the first place.  She continued to pray for me and God's mission through me until her death years ago.  I have no doubt that it was the "prayers of he saints (she was a saint)" that carried me through my life.  My meager contribution was to live surrendered to Christ.  I haven't always done that.  In fact it's a constant struggle for me today.  I imagine it is for many of you also.  Yet, I know that Jesus is there at the throne petitioning on my behalf. 
     What is your meager contribution?

No comments:

Post a Comment