Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christian living without compromise

     In the fall we have a separation from God that represents our willingness to compromise both the Gospel and the very faith that we so claim.  But compromise comes and steals away the closeness we have with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Rather than associate with the One who can and does save our soul, we flock to the world in minor as well as major ways.  Whether it's in our personal lives, our family lives, our work lives or our private lives compromise can be found in all of us.  It doesn't need to be that way though.  We have all we need to live a life of no compromise.  Yet, we don't.  Why is that?  I can answer that for myself in one word: "selfishness".  We are a selfish people with selfish desires that continually are trying to pull us away from unselfishness that is shown by Christ on the cross for all mankind.  Rather than stand on the promises of God, we stand in the swamp slowly sinking in cumulative sin.  The world clamors for our attention in regards to their standards of what we deserve and rationalize why we can enjoy those pleasures in spite of the claims of our faith.  I am saddened every time I'm reading what I am writing and see the number of times where "I" is used where "God" should be used.  I have nothing to offer anyone except the love, acceptance and approval of the Father.  Nothing.  When I make it about me, I sin.  When I make it about Jesus, victory is celebrated in Heaven.
     People in the world continually bombard us with all the reasons our faith is so offensive and not relative to the time and place we are living.  God knows this and wants us to have him live through us no matter what the situation.  We cannot not tell others about Christ.  Even if your work, relationships, and situations are dependent upon what they perceive as being what they want us to be, we deny Christ when we live by the worlds rules.  Putting up with coarse and vulgar talk and voiced insults of the Lord we claim is not being Christ to the world.  Who of us would put up with others speaking vile words about our loved ones?  The time is coming when the Christian will need to put his stand in place regardless of the consequence.  Have to accept the mark of the beast?  No, you don't have to.  Sufficient is the ability of God to care for us.  Have to be politically correct?  No, you don't have to.  The Lord didn't and we shouldn't either.  We should, instead, be Christ correct.  The time is coming when Christians will need to stand for their faith or disown Christ.  Both choices are ours.  In that time our children may be brought  before us and killed if we don't denounce Christ.  We may be killed in front of our families, loved ones and our children for not bowing to the world.  Like a frog put in cold water doesn't try to escape when the heat is applied, those who are compromising their faith (if they truly have one) we slowly accept the world around us and in the end provide no resistance to those who honor Satan.
     Sometimes when this blog or other writings by me are penned, I am vividly aware of the stringent message of separation of the Christian from the world.  Being set apart for the work of Christ is not just for some  Christians, it's for all.  The need to tell the truth trumps the need to let others continue on their path to hell.  My life is not perfect.  My life doesn't always reflect Christ's life through me.  My life often falls short of that which Christ has given me.  My life has missed the blessings of God due to my sin.  At times all I can see is my failure.  But...my day arrives and again the life of Christ is paramount in my connection with others.  Regardless of where you are, what you are and what you are doing, you have the love, acceptance and approval of God if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior.  Do you feel that way?  If not, ask yourself who is putting the negative thoughts and feelings in your life?  As a Christian we are called to have Christ live through our lives.  We will fail.  That's not the test.  We will get up again and rise to the occasion because of what Christ did for us.  Do you believe that?  If you do you know that your and my sin doesn't disqualify us from the race.  God has a plan for each of us and that's to be our focus not the plan the world has.  Christian!  Stand up and live Christ to the world!  Remember, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment