Sunday, October 1, 2017

Christian walking is tied to Christian talking

     Do we walk what we talk?  That's a foregone conclusion in my life.  The answer is yes and no.  Sometimes I'm not sure it's either.  The conflicts with the world and those in it keep trying any chance for success.  That being said, we still need to try to make our walk be a representation of our talk.  There are days I'm tired of the struggle to be walking what I am walking.  Maybe you feel the same way.  Do we throw in the towel and give in to sin?  Some days I have and probably will again.  We are not perfect.  Matthew 6:33 tells us to "be being made perfect" in the Greek.  Our Bibles state "be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect."  I'm a process as I am sure most people are.  As I become aware of areas of my life needing redemption, I do try to make the change and in the process am being made perfect...it's a process.  We are to encourage one another in the this process and to help one another to become more like Jesus.  This language wouldn't be necessary if we were perfect.  It goes without saying that God is very aware of how NOT perfect we are.  That's why he send his Son to die for our sins.
     The question is begged whether or not we should be talking what we aren't walking.  If we can't present the "perfect" what right do we have to tell others to be like Jesus when we are not?  Are we disqualified to present the Gospel when we miss the mark ourselves?  Of course we can always find fault in our walk.  Some use it as an excuse to do nothing.  That wouldn't be right in any situation.  To sit back and watch others on their path to hell and do nothing is a sin.  Where some people feel the Christian who isn't perfect is disqualified, the Scripture tells us otherwise.  We are told to be in the world but not of the world.  We are encouraged to be Christ to the world even as he was to us through his life, death and resurrection.  Jesus did not stop being God, he continued to be God with us and hasn't changed since.  If Christ is in us and with us, then we should be Christ to our world as well.  No one is perfect and all need the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  There is no other name on earth by which mankind can be saved.
     Being instant in season and out of season is Paul's way to say that we don't take a break in our witnessing Jesus to the world around us.  We are challenged to be consistent and unwavering in our faith for we are unable to please God without faith and exercising of faith.  My Christian walk is not perfect and neither is the walk of anyone else that claims Christ as their Savior.  We still need to do our talk and do our walk to bring Christ to our world.  That means that people need to understand that I may preach that which I struggle with and so will you.  But to not preach?  That's not part of the equation.  We all need to realize that it's Christ who lives within me and that I no longer live.  When I realize that, my talk and walk work together for good.  When we make this choice (and it is a choice), we choose to look forward and not to the past.  That which we were (good and bad) remains in the past.  All that matters is who we are this moment.  Today.  Choose today to be Him to others.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment