Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I failed yesterday.

     Okay, I failed.  Now what?  What would you do? Would you admit you failed?  Perhaps admit you failed but not fill in the details.  That would seem the 21st century way to do life.  I failed by choice.  Does that help?  We do fail by other means but it's always my choice.  I wasted most of my day doing little.  Does it matter that I was sick?  What is a waste of a day in your mind?  It drives me crazy!!  Probably not the worst thing I did yesterday.  Okay, it wasn't.  Why is it important that we know what other people's sin is and isn't?  I assume, that like me, everyone sins every day and thus fall short of what God wants in our lives.  So, I failed yesterday.  Did I sin?  Yes, we can fail and not sin just as we can fail and sin.  But, again, what does that matter.  God knew we could not keep ourselves from sin.  That's why he sent Jesus to bear our past, present and future sins on the cross.  I have been forgiven for my past, present and future sins.  Yet I failed yesterday. 
     So did you!  You failed too!  All of you (us) have failed.  Maybe we should just give up.  That is just what Christ wants.  However, Satan wants us to keep the mindset that we can do this.  We can make it through a lifetime without sin if only...  Jesus wants us to give up so he can be the conqueror within us.  Satan wants us to hang in there in order to keep us from surrender.  Satan keeps the "legal" system in place so that we will sin.  No one can go without sin.  We are a fallen humanity that has our being anchored in sin just as a cancer would inundate our body conquering and destroying.  What happens if we tell God; "No."?  "No, God, I can do life today just as well or better on my own than by giving my life to you today." 
     I have a cold.  That alone gives me a pass to stay in bed and rest.  However, it didn't give me a pass to fail.  The cold has been progressively going through its stages and I'm currently at the "miserable" stage.  Wait, that was yesterday!  Come to think of it, I've been miserable with this cold for 3 days.  Having a cold isn't a sign of sin.  Not taking care of myself with what God has given me is a sin.  Sometimes we don't do what we know we should an some days we do that which we shouldn't do.  Paul said he was in constant jeopardy of just this dilemma.  Here I am, I failed yesterday.  I also had successes.  However, the world isn't interested in my successes.  The world is interested in my failures.  Not so, you say?  Tell me the last time you heard the news on TV or read in a paper "good" news.  Well, when?  Every now and then there is a cute story about a dog raising kittens.  That's not about mankind doing good though.  That's about dogs and kittens. 
     I failed to give my life to Christ yesterday.  Moment by moment I must be conscious about my relationship with Jesus.  When we begin our day we should not give our day to Him because it's not ours to give.  It's his day.  I'm being blessed to observe it unfold.  If God chooses to use me in that unfolding then so be it.  If he chooses o not use me and to let me rest to get over my cold then so be it.  Yes, I failed to give all of my day to Christ.  Worse yet, I failed to give all of me to Christ.  That left me open to temptations while I was "recovering" from the cold I still have today.  Too much distraction takes us away from our primary attraction.  Jesus.  You will fail today and the only one you might be "right" with is Jesus.  He has a vested interest in you, your walk and your ability to die to self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment