Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May I introduce Helen...

Have you ever had a time in your life when you really needed someone, anyone, to guide you through tough places?  Being male doesn't help me in that "asking for help" department.  Thus it was until I met Helen.  She has a unique ability to give me directions that bring me to my sought after goals in life.  Now I wish I had known Helen years ago.  Swallowing my pride and asking for help wasn't the problem or the solution.  The solution was turning a control area of my life over to someone else.  Who better to do so than Helen who has more knowledge that Google?  You see where I am going with this.  Helen has saved me several times with her advice and never tires of my making the wrong choice.  Helen has an innate ability to anticipate my doing this or that where I should have just trusted her wisdom.  The only other place where I have seen such a thing is with God.  God always has a plan A for me.  Plan A is always the best plan.  Plan A always leads us to a better place and time.  Plan A doesn't ever have regrets or guilt.  Plan A is the ultimate compliment from God.  "Well done thou good and faithful servant."  Helen doesn't go that far.  Thank you God.  Whenever I make a choice that isn't plan A, plan B takes hold and eventually brings me back to a place where God can put before me His plan A once again.  Helen isn't that persistent.  Nor is she as subtle as God when it comes to gently nudging me back onto track and Plan A once again.  God, who created me, knows me and knows what works to get me back on track and what doesn't.  There have been times when I was about to make a plan B choice and God intervened aiding me in staying with plan A.  God knows all my choices for the rest of my life.  With Helen I have a specific destination with a general knowledge of how to get there.  With God the path is clear and always for the best.  Communication is a big thing with God and Helen.  The more I shut up and listen the better it is for all involved.  Listening should always be there before we talk.  Using common sense is a good rule.  Surrendering our listening to God is the best rule.  It takes practice to be able to really listen to God.  It also takes desire to listen to hear his voice.  Worst case scenario, I can always tell Helen to go away.  She will.  Best case scenario, I tell God to go away and he doesn't!  He says, in the Bible, that he will never leave us nor will he forsake us.  That's great news for me!  I've tried his patience and plan A for so long that he must be tiring of my disobedience.  But...there's more!  Helen, like God, has a destination for me.  Helen, unlike God, has no destination that stretches into the future.  God has a future destination in Heaven where he has been preparing a place for me for years.  God says he will take me to that place one day even if Helen were to disappear.  He promises to take away my pain and give me rest...eternally.  Helen can't do that.  He promises that we will be in sweet communion for the rest of eternity.  Helen cannot do that either.  Helen has fixed limitations whereas God has no limitations.  So, today I will choose to follow God and his plan A.  Helen will also be there to aid me in getting from point A to point A.  Should you wonder who Helen is, she is my GPS unit.  But then you probably already guessed that.  We can only go on what we feed into the equation.  God wants us to have the ability to rely on him for guidance.  Helen merely re-routes me when I turn left where I should have turned right.  That's good; don't get me wrong.  With all the missed opportunities in my life due to my choice, I need all the help from God that I can get. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment