Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Predators amongst us

     The night before last 3 of my 4 ducks disappeared leaving Buffy the sole survivor.  I thought, since there was no noise disturbance that someone came into my backyard and stole them.  I felt violated and angry but also sad at the loss.  After all they had names!  Then last night I went to check on Buffy to find her missing.  I could hear her in the neighbors back yard and went there to retrieve her.  That's when I didn't hear her anymore and began looking through the bushes.  Much to my surprise I scared out a bobcat who promptly ran away just like so many predators when they are interrupted.  Buffy was left dead in the bushes.  Not the ending I had hoped to have.  Much of the rest of the night was spent planning a hunting trip where I would rid the area of the Bobcat.  Coming to my senses I realized there were to many bobcats in the Tucson area to catch them all.  Secondly, there were coyotes and other predators that I wouldn't be able to eradicate either.  Alarm filled me as I realized that there were still potential victims that frequented the backyard.  My Boston Terriers were frequently in the back yard after dark.  Another thing about predators is they work during darkness.  There is also a 7 week old German Shepard who has resided with me.  All my animals were at risk of being taken from me.  So, I closed up the dog door, kept the dogs inside and wondered how I had come to be in a prison with my dogs.
     Predators are both visible in forms of humans, animals, and birds of prey.  Let's not forget the other predators who are extremely dangerous: humans.  Having been an avid hunter once upon a time, I know how to be one when hunting deer, rabbits, and other edible animals.  Car salespeople are predators as we are lured into their lot and then hunted until caught.  Predators seek to consume for themselves.  There is little conscience or moral wherewithal to curb the selfish need on their part.  Whether it be the kings who did battle to conquer countries or the local priest/pastor who preys upon the weakest and most innocent, predator behavior has only grown.  We are surrounded by visible and invisible predators seeking to kill and destroy.  The issue come up of trust we exercise blindly in so many situations and people with whom we rub shoulders with every day.  There is the world and of course it's Satan's world.  The invisible predators are Satan and his demons.  Sometimes his demons are inside of people around us.  The god of this world, Satan, has already lost the eternal war with God.  Jesus won on the Cross for everyone.  That doesn't stop the spiritual attack that Satan launches on you and I.  Believers and non-believers alike are within range of the attack of Satan.
     Since I can't control the predators around my neighborhood, I have only one choice; trust God.  That sounds like giving up to so many in the world.  Whether predators in your world are human or spiritual, we can always rest assured that God (because the Bible says so) is utilizing his angels and his own hand to take care of us.  Sure, bad things happen to good people!  I'd be lying if I said otherwise.  However, we are not able to eradicate the evil of this world around us.  Living in a bubble isn't reality.  Living with Jesus living through us is the only defense we have.  This comes by knowing the Word, praying (Paul says he was in a constant state of prayer) constantly, and beseeching God for his intervention in our lives.  It may mean Christian taking a stand against Satan and casting him and his demons away from us.  Are you aware of the power of God in you if you know Jesus?  If you don't you'd better wake up, give up your life and let Jesus live through you.  Don't buy into the messages of the world.  The world seeks to promote Satan's agenda.  Don't give into "well intentioned" friends and enemies.  They seek to keep you and I off track and victims of predators.  Remember, it's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment