Monday, August 28, 2017

Do you believe the Bible to be true?

     I love it when people tell me: "You can't do, think or say that!" It's been that way all of my life.  Telling me that I can do something, think something, or say something isn't a challenge at all.  Life is lived for the challenges if we are to believe the Bible.  I wish that were true in mainstream Christianity.  Since it's not true for many, the challenge for the rest of us is to do our best to not be like them but be like Jesus. Over the past couple of years I have amassed the makings for my shop I wanted to build but couldn't afford.  People told me that using Craigslist materials won't get what I wanted.  Wanna bet?  I confess that I've had to buy some items that I didn't want to use used materials for.  However, 80 percent of the shop (which is now built) is free Craigslist items gathered from here to there.  The naysayers have seen pictures of the start to finish and now tell me that the project looks very good.  I can't say it's perfect.  What I can say is that I believed in the project, I believed in me, and I believed that all things work together for good for those who loved the Lord and are called according to his purpose.  For me to not believe I could build the shop would to not believe that God is who he says he is and that the Word isn't to believed.  Rubbish!
     The above story has been repeated throughout my life ever since I was a young man.  So has my faith in God and in His Word.  The opening to the book of John begins with "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."  Throughout the time span between the Creation and the return of the Lord Jesus this remains true and I believe it.  Because I believe in the Word, I have confidence that what the Word says is true...always!  By the way, that means that the Word points out my sin and where I have yet to surrender to Jesus.  I believe that to be true as well.  None of us are able to engage the Word and not be changed.  This brings me to my beginning argument regarding those who pretend to believe the Word, pretend to be believers and who will fall into that category of "I never knew you." spoken of by Jesus.  Having a "form" of faith is not having faith.  Being in "the Christian lifestyle" isn't being a Christians.  Believing what we want from the Word isn't believing in the Word at all.  Should we fall into any of these categories, so do those we teach to do the same. 
     The Bible tells us that we are more than conquerors.  The Bible tells us that God will take care of all of our needs.  The Bible says that there is only one name, Jesus, by which mankind may be saved.  The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit will give us the wisdom to do God's will.  The Bible tells us that the God of creation created us before we were conceived in our mother's womb.  The Bible tells us that we are to not be of this world and yet remain in the world until we are taken home.  The Bible tells us that God paid the penalty for our sin by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, the Son of God.  The Bible tells us to be set apart from the world.  The Bible warns us of the dangers of serving mankind (the world) instead of God.  The Bible exposes the workings of Satan as he tries to win his war against God.  The Bible tells us that IF we overcome that we have our reward in heaven.  The Bible tells us that Jesus is coming again.  The Bible tells us that believers will be taken out of the world in the twinkling of an eye (one nanosecond).  The Bible tells us the truth!  Do you really believe the Bible to be true?  Are you standing with one foot in the world and the other in limbo?  If you don't believe the Bible and claim to be a Christian, you are in danger.  Knowing all of this to be true, I leave you with your choice.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment