Sunday, December 7, 2014

What to look out for and what to remember.

     When I turned on my computer this morning, I found that my security had protected my computer a LOT since the last time the computer was scanned.  I was given a long list of blocked items, destructive issues and other computer language stuff.  I'm thankful that I have the security system that I have.   It may not stand up to hackers, but it will delay their ability to get into my system.  The question is "What would they find?"  Like much of my life anything they find probably has been dealt with.  The real threat is their ability to crash my system or back up program.  We get this type of "intrusion" into our lives almost daily.  The call that ask to speak with "Steve" as if we were close friends or business partners is only one of many traps.  So, almost 100% of the time I am able to weed out those who are neither my friend or genuine in "helping" me.  Telemarketers are of a group of people/companies that use robocall to get to me.  Despite "do not call" lists the calls still come in unwanted and unwelcomed.  The best news is my computer recognized the attempts of entry into my computer and stopped them so I wouldn't have to deal with it...this time.
     We need to be the "guardian" of the stuff that our friends and family engage in as well.  For many years I didn't allow my kids to go onto sites that are primarily social media sites.  That was before I learned about protective programs and what was available to stop stuff I didn't ask for or want.  I'm not trying to say that I'm so protected that attacks don't happen as that would be untruthful.  What I am saying is that I recognized a need I had in my computer and initiated a device that would work behind he scenes keeping me in business with lowered levels of risk.  I've had several jobs where I was challenged with the same thing only with individuals rather than computers.  Not everyone you exchange "friends" with are friends.  No one program can answer all the risks we have everyday.  It's just the way it is.  Protecting yourself helps your kids protect themselves.  We just as well be good examples than no examples at all.
     Bringing all this to our Christian Walk, we maybe stop reading, read but delete the text after we read it, or go on with life ignoring the negative or thinking the negative is positive.  The "intentions" of our friends, family as well as enemies sometimes are not the "intentions" they profess or we need.  It would be nice to love all and accept all and believe all if it were always true.  It's not always true.  There are many groups, denominations, and individuals who want to teach us "their" truth.  This may not be truth at all.  Many a convincing document, testimony, or advice are nothing more than a virus that makes it's way into your hard drive.  Some are really slick and you've been taken advantage of.  Your hard work is destroyed or hampered and credibility is slowly going out the window.  Ever been there?  Nietzsche once said, "Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."  I would like to add to his quote "whom or what".  Our world is governed by so many outside sources.  We actually can become overwhelmed and lost just trying to circumnavigate a problem that pops up in our life. 
     Jesus tells us to "trust no man".  There must be something to that scripture.  Trust no man and in no man other than Jesus.  Looking to who or what has our interests at heart can quickly narrowed down to a couple of sources.  The first would be God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  The second would be the testimony of the Word; the Bible.  If we put our trust and belief in these two we will be alright and our systems will remain intact.  That's God's promise and no computer program can protect me that well.
     In all of our relationships there are lots of twists and turns that we need to be cognizant of and engaged with.  If you don't see the elephant in the room, you won't be able to bring up God's defense as well as offense.  Trust Jesus and things will turn out right even if you don't see that as a possibility.  Take time to learn the Word and listen to it's message through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.  Submit all to God and he will give more than you can ever imagine.  He will protect you as well should you make the decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment