Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Constantly amazed!

     In my life I have a multitude of events that have amazed me.  It's not that I hadn't an expectation of what would take place.  It was more the amazing movement of the hand of God.  There was no walking on the water or miraculous event that grabbed my attention.  It was the little things that we somehow become so used to we cannot see the hand of God.  It was my children being born and going through all of those stages of life.  Each marching to their own band.  It was when each of them accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior praying for same with me!  That first step, fall, repeat until they could walk and then run.  Along with all of the wonder of my kids development were some events where they were injured or ill and healed by the power of God.  The sadness of the death of two of my children remains inside of my being.  They are with God and I will see them one day. 
     Having travelled to so many parts of the world has been so amazing.  The beauty and structure of different lands still makes me stop and relish the hand of God.  It was my own salvation that began the amazing journey I've had through today.  That doesn't mean I have had a perfect life.  I've brought upon myself and others that which was wrong.  While forgiveness and grace have been there waiting for me; the constant amazement of God being so gracious and patient has stuck with me all those years.  Since October 1, 1971 life has been amazing!  I remember that first day when I had been saved!  Wow!  I'd like to say that I have been constantly amazed that I am here today.  But there is an event that is even more amazing and constant in my life.  It's salvation, the forgiveness of sins, the constant way in which God has been powerful in keeping me or redirecting me to the safe path he has put before me.
     The world around us is in a state of constant change.  Some positive and some negative.  But life does go on.  There have been deaths and there have been births.  Some were very young and some were very old.  There have also been physical births and spiritual births as part of what has been constantly amazing in and around my life.  Just when I thought perhaps I had seen or heard all, a new chapter in the same book begins to be written.  Sometimes I ponder this and wonder whether this writing has been put in the Book of Life that the Bible refers to.  I can't imagine the Book of Life has only names.  But perhaps I am wrong.  When I get to Heaven I won't care anyway.  I've written and published that book that was in my head and heart.  There is another one coming in the next few months.  It's very hard to believe that I could have written them.  Perhaps it was the Holy Spirit writing through me?  If any of my books have worth it's because God wanted them to have worth.  Amazing!  I've begun my third book. Wow!
     Often we compare the present and the future to the past.  Measuring what God has done in our lives and the lives of others can be a positive comparison while missed opportunities can be a negative comparison.  There were many times I didn't do what God wanted or had put myself in a place where I didn't listen and the results were sin and chaos.  Then, grace; wonderful grace!  That idea past, present and future are all positive comparisons.  There has been no change in our God while he has constantly changed us in ways that amaze us.  There is more to come and I am sure that I will be constantly amazed with that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment